Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, were going to take our 2002 into the dealer tomorrow to get them to check out a problem with a noisy fan.

It was fine until Monday when the fan in the dash on the passenger's side started making a "droning" noise at higher speeds. It almost sounds like it's off balance.

I figured I'd post the problem to see if anyone else had come across this problem. I'll repost any solution that they come up with at the dealer.

·
Registered
174 Posts
No problems here.

Let us know what they find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got the same problem on my 2000. Dealer said something got in the fan. It went away for awhile but now it is back. Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess my Ody is afraid of the dealer. They had it most of the day yesterday and they never heard the noise.

I didn't believe them since it happened everyday since Monday (when the noise started). So, when I went to pick it up, sure enough, it was not making the noise! They told me to bring it by if it started again.

Figures...

·
Registered
244 Posts
My 2000 had the same issue. The dealer found a bunch of leaves have migrated thru the outside vents and into the fan area. You could only hear the noise when fan was set to High. After they cleaned it out its been fine.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cmmeyers:
I guess my Ody is afraid of the dealer. They had it most of the day yesterday and they never heard the noise.

I didn't believe them since it happened everyday since Monday (when the noise started). So, when I went to pick it up, sure enough, it was not making the noise! They told me to bring it by if it started again.

Figures...
</font>
I wish there were a convenient way to record strange noises and play them for mechanics. Maybe next time I'll try using a digital video image w/ sound then play it back for the mechanic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts