Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Gonna buy some non OEM motor mounts and install a VCMuzzler. Can someone recommend a 'decent' set of mounts?

I have the 2006 ESL - Its old and i'm just trying to get one last push out of it so I dont want to spend on the OEM mounts.

I know there's a lot of people out there who have posted about this - but I thought I would see what people had to say.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I went with Autzone since it is lifetime warranty. I plan to change after 50k.

Most here will tell you to go with OEM

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
214 Posts
The best option is to install a VCMTuner II (the VCMuzzler doesn't disable 100% of the time so it wouldn't work for this) and get the OEM passive mounts, which are a lot cheaper.

Reactions: Belmont

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey... for towing, camping, & fetching parts for the German cars. :-/
49 Posts
I've not had to change the mounts, but second WiiMaster's recommendation. I bought the VCM, then the VCM II later. The VCM II is strikingly better. I don't have to re-tune it seasonally. I don't have to tune when it's time to tow the camper. Worth the extra $.

·
Registered
992 Posts
The active mounts will not cause a code. If you install the VCM II as WiiMaster and Belmont have recommended, you can install the less expensive passive mounts and leave the connectors unconnected. I don't know if this generation has a vacuum tube for the mount, that should be plugged if there is one.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Definitely muzzle your VCM and install the much less expensive passive mounts. Stick with OEM. Probably less expensive that aftermarket active mounts.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you do decide to use the passive mounts for the rear, you need to change the mounting bracket. The front mount active/passive is interchangeable. The side mount is the same for both

1 - 9 of 9 Posts