Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from attending this years auto show in Detroit. The Honda exhibit had three Odysseys. A RRP EXL-RES, MB EX, and one green LX. The EX was hitched to a trailer with a GoldWing on it. However, the LX was behind the main display, by itself.

I must say, no other minivan had a line of people waiting to play with the magic seat! This was my first opportunity to see the EX-L RES in person. Nice execution by Honda. I was originally going to just add my own DVD based system but I think that I will go with Honda's now that I have seen it.

The leather seemed nice, too. Not near as soft as some of the DC vans have but it seems like it will be a bit more durable and age more gracefully than the "Fine Corinthian Leather" offered elsewhere.

Had a chance to look at Mazda's offerings and was mildly amused at all of the similar equipment to the Odyssey. (Flip up table, magic seat). One could only surmise that imitation is the greatest form of flattery!

IMO the other contenders simply don't compare. The Chevy Venture didn't impress me as a serious entry, even with $2002 rebates. The biggest comment heard from the DC lookers stem from the use of cheap materials and poor build quality. The Windstar suffered from the same complaints with the addition of "poor execution and engineering". The Toyota was nice but the quality of materials and the size was more of a factor than I anticipated. Also, it doesn't attract the eye like the Odyssey does.

That's my report! Now I just need to order mine. Just wish I could get RRP with the Ivory interior.

-Kurt

·
Registered
251 Posts
Poor built quality on Chrysler vans? IMO the plastics used in the Mopars feels much better than those in our Ody, and they seem very well put together.

It's their reliability that might be the problem.

P.S. Chrysler has passed Honda in JD Powers' initial quality survey.

------------------
Check out our 01 GG EX and 98 Corolla LE, other 02 Odys, and various model cars at http://community.webshots.com/user/ddakrt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts