Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is come to a decision whether I should install a nose mask or air deflector before a long road trip to avoid any paint demage on the hook. It seem like deflector would be a popular choice but I am worry it would produce a lot of wind noice and can not be remove once it installed. Anybody has any experience?

Thank You

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have the deflector and it's saved me from a few paint chips, but as far as being removeable it really isn't. The nose mask covers more painted area, therefore I would think that it would protect better than the deflector. The deflector hasn't given me any wind noise, even at 90 mph. If you're looking for protection just for trips then I would go with the nose mask, which you can remove after the trip.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The WeatherTech deflector is easily removable and a good item. For long trips, I have been thinking about a mask, using only the bumper part, since the Odyssey bumper seems to chip quite easily. The deflector will protect the leading edge of the hood. I do not know why that is, since my DC van went on lots of high speed road trips without any chipping of the bumper. Different material, I guess. My big problem is windshield chipping, which is really getting bad. There are no large chips, just lots of little ones, which look like tree sap in the sunshine. Oh, well......

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
53 Posts
WeatherTech does not offer the Air Deflector yet for the 2002 models. MGians, who did you buy yours from and is it removeable? Thanks

------------------
Michael
2002 MB EXL NAV on Order

·
Registered
297 Posts
MGIANS, how did you get a bra to fit with WW front spoiler and where dya get those mirror bra's, i want them, they look cool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i couldn't decide on bug shield or bra either.i had bug shield on my accord and it hum lot during cross winds or 70 mph. so i wewnt with 3m chip gaurd.you don't even see it.works great keeps everything looken good.cover the hood and outside fenders and the mirrors.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FlyBoyMichael:
WeatherTech does not offer the Air Deflector yet for the 2002 models. MGians, who did you buy yours from and is it removeable? Thanks

</font>
Well, they DID offer an Air Deflector for a while
for the '02. I walked into their main office and bought one.

Then I read here about the problems with it and took it back for a full refund, no questions asked, they were good about it. They had no expected availability date for the revised design.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you haven't looked through past posts on this topic, I would check there as well. We have the nose mask and it has kept the front end pretty clean and chip-free. The down side is that it should be removed to allow it to dry out. Also, I can't say that it provides the same level of protection on the hood. However, the installation is not "permanent". I bought ours on line at hondaparts4you or handa-accessories, I can't remember now.

Good luck,

Jeff

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Rosen Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask, Donnelly ECT Mirror,
ROSS Back-up System

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

·
Registered
244 Posts
FlyBoyMichael/bmutuc, the bra's are from Colgan Custom of Fountain Valley, Ca. 1-800-447-2727
attn: Gary They sold me an extra yard of their vinyl, piping and hooks, then I had local upholstry shop modify it. The biggest change to fit the WW, is to the lower panels on the bumber sides and add a couple of strips to the bottom front. I also had the shop add heavy screening to the lower opening.They added sections to wrap around the bumper and spoiler that secure with snaps. The mirror bras are cheap, the other is another story. Oh and yes it's easy to take off and put on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts