My wife and I are expecting our second child in mid-September, and we want a minivan to cart around the 2+ kiddies. We've test-driven several makes of minivans and know exactly which model we'll buy: a new Odyssey EX-L. The main question I'm debating is whether it makes more sense to purchase now, or wait until August/September (closer to the date when we'll actually need the vehicle.
If I can expect to see price-drops in the 2011 Odysseys in the late summer, then I'm happy waiting since, like I said, we won't truly need the vehicle until September. However, if I can expect to pay the same in August as I would now (in April), then I think I might as well go ahead and buy now, so my wife can begin enjoying the new car now.