Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with this? "Contain NO wax yet you only put it on once a year?" Obviously this is some late-night informercial product but has anyone tried this stuff?

Should I just put...the bottle...down. ...and back slowly away?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Consumer Reports gave the product a good rating and I believe they recommended it. I have the back issue in my closet, finding it is another problem.
I will try to locate it and post the "official" results tomorrow, unless someone else has it readily available.

------------------
Chris
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue; Fog Lights; Air Deflector; Splash Guards; Cargo Tray; Cargo Mat

·
Registered
31 Posts
yes.... consumer reports did give nu-finish a very high reccomendation when they did a review a few years ago..... if im not mistaken it was #1 at that time.... one of the reasons it did so well was due to the fact that it went on and off effortlessly compared to the other brands.... and supposedly could be applied in the sun or shade....

i do still have a bottle of nu-finish that i use to use on my z..... from what i remember it worked very well ..... as of late... i have been using zymol on my black m3..... and this product is terrific.... i haven't waxed the ody yet as it is only a month old.... but when i do.... either of these products will be a fine choice... in my opinion.....

------------------
jay-q
'01 GG EX-N
'91 Accord LX

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've used NUFinish for years. It's cheap (you don't have to freak when it freezes in your garage), goes on well, gives a nice finish and can be applied in sun or shade. Does a really good job on fiberglass. Well worth it I think. I apply it twice a year and it beads for a long time. A year might be stretching it though.

------------------
'96 Odyssey, 245,000Kms and a
'90 Accord, 211,000Kms

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ditto the comments about good rating in Consumer Reports, actually top rated a few years ago, and they did another car wax report a year or so ago and it faired in the top grouping -- not rated as high for gloss, but one of the best for longevity. I've used it on my silver Ody and a white Ford Taurus and have been happy with it. I apply it a couple of times a month or two apart, and probably get up to 4 months wear (garaged cars at night, out in hot Kansas sun in the day). I also quickly freshen the front bumper, fenders and front 1/3 of roof every few weeks to help keep the bugs from being so hard to remove.

I'm thinking of trying the Zaino Bros stuff that is being talked up on this site, would love to see if it lasts at least as long and Nu Finish plus add more luster.

-Doug-

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Dog W wrote "I'm thinking of trying the Zaino Bros stuff that is being talked up on this site, would love to see if it lasts at least as long and Nu Finish plus add more luster."

I've used Nu Finish (along with just about everything else out there) and it worked pretty well, as does Maguiar's, but nothing I've ever used has even come close to the Zaino products.

I've got about six coats on each of the cars, now and they look fantastic. I may never find out how long it lasts 'cuz it's so nice and easy to put on and take off that I do it more than necessary.

One of the best things about it is there is NO DUST and NO STATIC BUILD-UP while applying and removing it. When you take the last swipe of your cloth to remove the last little bit of polish, you're DONE. No dusting or washing to get all of the crap out of the cracks, no tooth brushes, etc.

Count me as one more convert to Zaino.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts