Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how many TPMS codes can be stored on a 2010? Is it 4 or 8? Tried but the search function is a crapshoot.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
Its always been 4. Tourings refresh the codes on the fly and EX-L and below don't so you'd get the TPMS light if you switch to winter tires. You'd need a friendly neighborhood dealership visit each time you swap from normal to winter tires and each time you swap back.

Honda should be sued for this.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The parts manager at my dealership keeps saying it's 8. That's why I'm asking. The user manual makes no mention of it. Anyway to confirm definitively?

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
whoa said:
The parts manager at my dealership keeps saying it's 8. That's why I'm asking. The user manual makes no mention of it. Anyway to confirm definitively?
Good for you. So you get winter tires, slap 'em on and if the TPMS light doesn't go out, head on over to the dealership and have the parts manager flash the new codes in and report back for others like yourself. :)

BTW. There have been a few discussions on this and I have yet to see anyone confirm the 8 number on here. So, the parts manager at your stealership seems to know more than the collective knowledge of this forum I suppose.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
whoa said:
What I meant is that is good for you. If you get the TPMS light after you put on winter tires, you ask him to program the TPMS system for FREE as he is the one who is saying the system works with 8 sensors. If it works, then too its good for you as then you won't have to pay anything. So, in either case, its good for you.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Can someone enlighten me on what the codes are?

Can my '10 EXL tell me individual pressures (does the touring do this?)? The manual seems to indicate there is just a dummy light for the system.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
DavidGSR said:
Can someone enlighten me on what the codes are?

Can my '10 EXL tell me individual pressures (does the touring do this?)? The manual seems to indicate there is just a dummy light for the system.
The TPMS computer stores the codes of the TPMS Sensors and reads pressure information using those codes. The EXL does NOT display individual tire pressure. It only turns on an idiot light if one of the tires is low and its upto the owner to figure out which tire is low and deflate it. That should be working just the same way as your manual states.

If/when you swap out your rims for winter, the regular EXL TPMS system is incapable to getting readings off your new sensors and the codes of the new sensors needs to be programmed into the computer to register the new wheels and their TPMS.

Come summer time, you repeat that process. Each reprogramming costs $100+ at the stealership.

Tourings on the other hand, are capable of registering new sensors on their own once you drive a bit, the touring system gets information from the new sensors and you are all set if you have a Touring.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. Luckily I live in the south so no need for winter tires :D . That is pretty bad - $100 each season programming fee.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
DavidGSR said:
That is pretty bad - $100 each season programming fee.
Yeah. That's why I had said earlier that Honda needs to be sued for this. I too am in the South (just a bit north of ya) and I don't have the problem either. But having to fork over money every season for the Northeners is not fair. Technology should be used to help folks not line pockets of big corporations and dealers. Paying a premium once for the teachology should be enough for offsetting the R&D costs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts