Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. The nut that holds the power steering pulley to my power steering motor fell off and I need to replace it. Can someone tell me the size of it? I ideally would like to go to the hardware store and buy an new nut for it. Any idea?

·
Registered
9,320 Posts
The PS pump pulley nut is thinner than your average nut, and also has a builtin washer. I would replace it with the correct one from the dealer. It will set you back by $3.00 or so.

Installation torque is 47 lb/ft.

Dave

Reactions: Pixburd54

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Guys. The nut that holds the power steering pulley to my power steering motor fell off and I need to replace it. Can someone tell me the size of it? I ideally would like to go to the hardware store and buy an new nut for it. Any idea?
I agree with getting from dealer or online Honda supplier, nuts have diameter and thread pitch to match, along with other features Dave mentioned.

·
Registered
9,320 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,875 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Yup, when you get all aggravated :mad: and your ATF gets all foamed up ya just gotta vent! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Eons ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth I had to reinstall a pulley on a power steering pump, and I cannot recall which Honda and why. All I remember is that the pulley was spinning, and resisting my efforts to fully tighten it. IIRC, I removed the nut and put on some blue Permatex thread locker. Then, I used an impact gun, cautioning myself to not go crazy with the impact (it was a 110V electric impact, with a lot, lot less torque available than my Aircat 1150).

No "pulley departing the input shaft" disasters ever happened to me over the last couple decades, so I guess that worked.

OF

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Yup, when you get all aggravated :mad: and your ATF gets all foamed up ya just gotta vent! :ROFLMAO:
I saw the original rant...

...oh, this is good. Thankfully I was not drinking some sort of beverage while reading this. Would have had it come out of my nostrils and onto the keyboard. 😂🤣😆

OF

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I'm glad I waited with my post.
Thankfully I was not drinking some sort of beverage while reading this. Would have had it come out of my nostrils and onto the keyboard. 😂🤣😆
And you would have simulated the ATF venting all over your keyboard! :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
13,875 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I hope that tomorrow is better for you dvpatel so that you can enjoy Sink-o de Mayo!

·
Super Moderator
13,875 Posts
I hope that tomorrow is better for you dvpatel so that you can enjoy Sink-o de Mayo!

View attachment 161773
:D

I'd need 3 more bottles. They created 6 new accounts. Since I had no choice, I had to use spam counter measures, so now their IPs are blocked and all their IDs get in awaiting approval queue. Unfortunate as I think they really did need the help. Ah well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts