Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to find out how many kiwi's are on here and see how many are in Auckland to see if we can have a mini meet to showcase our JDM's Ody owners need to stick together

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi from Taupo. Not that far from Auckland, I used to live in Papakura before I moved down here in 1990.

·
Registered
70 Posts
just joined here in wellington grate site its a big help with my diy repairs:D :D :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there. I hail from North Shore, looks like we got all the areas covered. Lol. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey since we're all kiwis, I have a 98 odyssey 3.0ltr V6 with 4spd auto. My auto has a big delay from 1st to 2nd and a smaller delay from 2nd to 3rd. Had the auto backflushed a few months back by the Honda dealer here in Taupo. Problem still there. The dealer reckons that the clutches for 2nd gear are on there way out but suggest pretty much a rebuild with uprated clutch packs to the tune of 3k. Have any of yous heard of or know about this sort of failure? There are heaps of them in the forums, but what about NZ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep sounds like a faulty trans extremely common on V6 powered Odyssey's and there is no "cheap" or "easy" fix. I work for NZ's largest second hand Honda parts dealer and we sell every trans we can get our hands on ($1250+gst from memory and need to know what the code is on the current trans as there is two types) sorry for the bad news

1 - 20 of 21 Posts