Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Odessey 2003 went off on its own yesterday :confused: ...Rolled down the driveway and into the street ...Now here is my question...Should I be able to remove the key with the transmission in neutral ? ... That was the problem it was in neutral instead of park ...Evidently I had put it in neutral , removed the key and left it there sitting ...The driveway has a slight slope and it eventually rolled right out into the street ...I was sure you could not remove the key in neutral ? BUT I can remove the key in neutral in our 2003 ODY ...THANKS !
BOB

·
Registered
755 Posts
yeah you're right. if you leave the car in neutral, you won't be able to turn the ignition off, just to the second position on all the cars these days. i guess your ody is special made :D

did you not engage the parking brake at all?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Funny, I was on vacation a few weeks back and returned to the Odyssey (2000) and I couldn't start it. after a while I realized it was in Drive, I must have parked it and removed the key without having to put it in Park, good thing I always set the parking brake in the Odyssey. Go figure I can't get it to do it again???:confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Key comes out in Neutral

Glen1959 said:
Funny, I was on vacation a few weeks back and returned to the Odyssey (2000) and I couldn't start it. after a while I realized it was in Drive, I must have parked it and removed the key without having to put it in Park, good thing I always set the parking brake in the Odyssey. Go figure I can't get it to do it again???:confused:

Glen : Well I tried to take the key out on my 2003 and it comes right out in Neutral but I cannot get it to come out in Drive ...I am using the parking brake a lot more now! Bob in Michigan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts