Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried multiple glass cleaners and even the old dishwashing liquid to clean it on the inside. So far, none has worked. Any ideas?

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you are using a/c and window defrost it's always gonna be dirty,. Just get an microfiber cloth on an extention to wipe

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are using a/c and window defrost it's always gonna be dirty,. Just get an microfiber cloth on an extention to wipe

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk
I only use a/c. Have tried different types of microfiber cloths, paper towels and sponges with negative results.
Use this with excellent results on inside and outside. Get it at Costco. View attachment 154113
Use this with excellent results on inside and outside. Get it at Costco. View attachment 154113
serega12, can't open the attachment.

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
1,822 Posts
Dishwashing liquid? That would have to leave streaks like crazy. What are you getting on the inside of the windshield that won't come off with regular glass cleaner?

I always use Stoner Invisible Glass with a microfiber cloth to clean the glass and then follow up a few minutes later once the glass is dry with a dry glass polishing cloth like this one to finish. I don't get streaks at all this way.

To me, it doesn't matter so much which glass cleaner you use - I like Invisible Glass but others are good too. But buffing out the glass once it's dry with the polishing cloth makes all the difference. I do it the same on both the inside and the outside of the glass. It gives my kids a perfectly clean surface to promptly cover with fingerprints. 😜

·
Registered
767 Posts
Just how do you reach all parts of the windshield? I use a invisible glass cleaner and I still have trouble getting all parts of the windshield. But then at 73 years young I struggle with arthritis. 1581134535300.jpeg
In

Invisible Glass 95161 Reach and Clean Tool

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dishwashing liquid? That would have to leave streaks like crazy. What are you getting on the inside of the windshield that won't come off with regular glass cleaner?

I always use Stoner Invisible Glass with a microfiber cloth to clean the glass and then follow up a few minutes later once the glass is dry with a dry glass polishing cloth like this one to finish. I don't get streaks at all this way.

To me, it doesn't matter so much which glass cleaner you use - I like Invisible Glass but others are good too. But buffing out the glass once it's dry with the polishing cloth makes all the difference. I do it the same on both the inside and the outside of the glass. It gives my kids a perfectly clean surface to promptly cover with fingerprints. 😜
Thanks, I'll check it out. 🤗 BTW... I have no kids!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just how do you reach all parts of the windshield? I use a invisible glass cleaner and I still have trouble getting all parts of the windshield. But then at 73 years young I struggle with arthritis. View attachment 154117
View attachment 154117 In
You can now buy one of these that has an extension handle, or you can add your own extension handle made for extended applications. Even better for those of us with arthritis and back problems as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
1,822 Posts
Just how do you reach all parts of the windshield? I use a invisible glass cleaner and I still have trouble getting all parts of the windshield. But then at 73 years young I struggle with arthritis. View attachment 154117
View attachment 154117 In
I have this exact same tool. It's great to reach all points on the inside of the windshield. I use it for the cleaning part of the process, but the final buffing I do by hand. I can feel in my hand as the resistance to the wiping motion changes and the glass gets cleaner - the feeling is how I can tell if I'm doing a good job.

I don't suffer from arthritis (touch wood) but I'd imagine that using the tool to buff the glass would work well. You'd just need to put the polishing cloth over it instead of the microfiber bonnet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is the issue you’re having?
It looks fogged on the inside and no matter what I have used, never turns crystal clear. I've lately seen some newer SUV's from other brands with the same problem. I live in the tropics so it has nothing to do witth defogging.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have this exact same tool. It's great to reach all points on the inside of the windshield. I use it for the cleaning part of the process, but the final buffing I do by hand. I can feel in my hand as the resistance to the wiping motion changes and the glass gets cleaner - the feeling is how I can tell if I'm doing a good job.

I don't suffer from arthritis (touch wood) but I'd imagine that using the tool to buff the glass would work well. You'd just need to put the polishing cloth over it instead of the microfiber bonnet.
Thanks, will take a lot at it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
after cleaning use black/white news paper(I know it is hard to find) to wipe it. I have been doing that on glasses for over thirty years; it works like magic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what I also used in the past and it worked great. 🥵... just threw away some of those a few weeks ago. I'll see if can find any. Thanks!🙋‍♂️

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Thanks, I'll check it out. 🤗 BTW... I have no kids!
Would you like a few :)?!

I use microfiber cloths and a reaching tool similar to that displayed earlier in this thread. For glass cleaner, I use a commercial one available at our local GM dealer (of all places). The best thing GM ever made was glass cleaner. I avoid Windex. It seems to have something in it that streaks - coloring or aroma agent??

·
Registered
383 Posts

On my final step especially on the interior front glass, I drape over the head with it's bonnet on and use a hand wash cloth sized microfiber cloth to finish and keep it in the car untill night time when you can see the glare streaks better. CroMath you probably do it the same way I do. Which do you use the liquid spray or the foam spray (Stoner products-Invisable Glass)? I use both, foam on outside on the glass directly, than inside, liquid spray on the bonnet only so dash and trim work does not get any mist drops on them.

·
Registered
2015 Odyssey EX
1,822 Posts
On my final step especially on the interior front glass, I drape over the head with it's bonnet on and use a hand wash cloth sized microfiber cloth to finish and keep it in the car untill night time when you can see the glare streaks better. CroMath you probably do it the same way I do. Which do you use the liquid spray or the foam spray (Stoner products-Invisable Glass)? I use both, foam on outside on the glass directly, than inside, liquid spray on the bonnet only so dash and trim work does not get any mist drops on them.
We're pretty much doing the same thing, except I don't use the extension tool for the final buffing step. I just like feeling what's happening on the glass in the palm of my hand and fingertips. I'm just used to doing it like that, I guess.

I used to use the foam because it's easy to control, but for the past year or so I have switched over to Invisible Glass Clean and Repel in liquid form. The rain repellent quality is a nice bonus and it works very well. It's not as durable as a proper Rain-X treatment but it's much better than nothing.

I approach the interior and exterior exactly like you - on the outside I spray right onto the glass and on the inside I spray onto the microfiber bonnet. Both sides get buffed out with a dry glass polishing cloth when the glass is completely dry, and also like you, I wait until dusk to see whether I'm really finished cleaning the glass.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts