Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey touring
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 06 Odyssey I'm trying to figure out that best way that I can reach the plug to get it unplugged it's for Bank 1 sensor 2 is it easier from the top or reach up from underneath I tried from the bottom but it's hard trying to get it unplugged any suggestions thank you in advance

·
Registered
25 Posts
Using long handled needle nose pliers may allow it to reach the disengage tab.
Sometimes using a small pick or screwdriver to push down on the tab is needed before the connector will pull out.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey touring
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried a small blade screwdriver but the tab will not move I asked the original owner if they ever had any of the sensors replaced and they said no and I'm the second owner of it I was thinking about spraying it with WD 40 and let it set for about 1/2 hour and see if that would help

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have tried a small blade screwdriver but the tab will not move I asked the original owner if they ever had any of the sensors replaced and they said no and I'm the second owner of it I was thinking about spraying it with WD 40 and let it set for about 1/2 hour and see if that would help
Try pushing the plug into the connector (counter intuitive), then press on the tab and try to separate. the tab must move or it won't separate.
Another thought is to locate a similar connector to validate that the tab moves when pressed.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The front O2 sensor is easier to get to so you can practice a one-hand technique on the front one. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts