Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older reader (Actron CP9135) that will not link to my 07 Touring. I tried it on two other newer vehicles -- 08 Accord and 2011 Ford -- with the same results. It will however, link to an 07 Hyundai, an 06 Toyota and any other older OBD II vehicle.

I thought these readers were good on all ODB II generation vehicles. Am I wrong? Do I need to update to another reader for the newer vehicles? :huh::huh::huh:

Thanks.

·
Administrator
14,917 Posts
You need a CAN capable reader as sontakke says. :)

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Administrator
14,917 Posts
Will someone explain CAN?

OBD then OBDII and now CAN are all protocols. A good analogy would be windows 95, then windows XP and now Windows 7 all are OSes, the former are all communication protocols for auto diagnostics.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
If all you want is a code reader, you can get a cheap one for as low as $30 shipped from Amazon if you watch for sale.

A better scanner with live data capability can be found around hundred and that would be my recommendation.

- Vikas

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If all you want is a code reader, you can get a cheap one for as low as $30 shipped from Amazon if you watch for sale.

A better scanner with live data capability can be found around hundred and that would be my recommendation.

- Vikas

I think I'd like to get a scanner. Any recommendations on brand and model?

Also, will the newer CAN compatible scanner still read the older OBD II vehicles? (aka, downward compatible)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.