Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its here! Silver EX-L. I got it for $600 below MSRP ($28,090) plus $50 doc fee, $19.75 license fee and finally Uncle Sam's share (tax). Also got the 7/100K/0 HondaCare warranty for $875! Great dealer experience overall. My wife drove the van home so I can't comment on it other then it looks AND smells wonderful. A big thanks to the list for saving me hundreds on the extended warranty.

Geo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, you got a great deal. You and your wife will enjoy your new ride. Wish we had the leather but the wait was too long. Have a great time driving this weekend.

-Steve

2002 MB EX
1995 Passat GLX

·
Registered
859 Posts
Congats. Sounds like ours are twins. Got mine one week ago and love it.

-Mark '02 EX-L SS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great for you! We are still waiting. Put down a deposit - maybe we will have a new SS EXL-RES before Christmas
(maybe not
). $600 below MSRP is unbelievable
. I'd be tempted to fly one-way to Cleveland if I could get that deal, and drive a new Ody home
(These forums are great!)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was from Honda of Mentor. But I have heard that Rick Case and Jay Honda are also discounting $500+ off. Rick Case offerd us $700 off just to steal us away from Mentor. Honda of Mentor came down to $600 but that was tough. Mentor is a local small dealership and Rick Case is just a volume dealer. We stayed with Mentor because we hope to get better service plus they are local for us.

·
Registered
28 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by George incleveland:
Also got the 7/100K/0 HondaCare warranty for $875! A big thanks to the list for saving me hundreds on the extended warranty.

Geo
</font>
What list?? I told the dealer I've seen people get the HondaCare 7/100K/0 for $900, and they came back with the aftermarket extended warrantee for $1099!!!

------------------
2002 EP LX (Due in after Christmas)
1998 Civic DX, Blue
1992 Civic LX, Red (Bye-Bye)

Previous Hondas:
1987 Prelude, Gray (totaled in 2000 w/188k miles)
1978 Accord, Red

Other cars:
1982 Ford EXP (We all make mistakes!)
1969 Olds Delta 88 (with 10 speed bike in back seat in case it broke down)

Family:
Myself, Wife, 3 kids (4,2 & newborn). Ever see 3 kids in the back of a 98 Civic?? GOTTA GET THAT ODY SOON!!!!

Other:
2000 Yardman mower with a Honda engine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
FWIW...While my 02 was in for service, I browsed the new cars, and, surprise, they had an EXL NAVI for $1000 under MSRP. Maybe a short wait before ordering can save you more than $500 under MSRP!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can attest to the NAVI deal. After few weeks of negotiating by phone with Dallas area dealers, I got my SS-EX-L NAVI for $800 under MSRP. It was $700 under when we went to pick it up. Got an early Christmas present when, to our amazement, the Fleet Manager gave us another $100, a free rear cargo tray, touch-up paint, his card for a complimentary 3500-mile service and an apology for the van arriving one week later than he quoted. We didn't mind the one-week delay at all since it gave us more time to read this Forum.

Didn't get the extended warranty since their finance guy wouldn't budge from $1050. $875 sounds good to me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is pretty interesting, in general; Odys going for $600-800 less than MSRP.

Coincidentally, I noticed that Edmunds' TMV for all Odys has dropped from $2k over MSRP to $1400 over MSRP. FWIW....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts