Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an odd one. 2009 Odyssey. AC on drivers side is warm, the rest of the car is cold. I've tried adjusting the temp separately and on sync, drivers side stays warm. Thought the AC needed to be recharged, gauge showed good and wouldn't take any coolant. Wife said it was cold. Checked her side and it was great, back was great. Drivers side, not so much.

I'm guessing some kind of sensor, relay or switch. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
That is a classic low refrigerant issue. Do NOT use the cans of crap sold at the parts store. It contains sealers and other garbage that will ruin your AC system and any professional shop's machine when they connect to it. Besides, you run the risk of overcharging your system anyway.

Have it professionally serviced. They will recover what's in it, weigh it, and then recharge it by weight. They will be able to tell you if it was low and by how much.

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
If you search the forums you'll find numerous posts about it with most being solved by servicing the refrigerant. Blend door motors can cause it but it's less common than the low refrigerant.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I work at a mini cooper dealer in madison wi . On 2nd gen minis When they are low on refrigerant they make odd sound from passenger floor .just a comparison.

·
Registered
940 Posts
And if you click the 3 dots on the upper right corner of your post you'll find Edit. Better to edit your first post instead of adding multiple short posts within a few minutes. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. I've got an appointment Wednesday morning to get the AC charged. I'll post and update. If this doesn't fix it, I'll look at the blend door.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts