Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Honda Odyssey Touring Edition having some odd electrical issues that I'm hoping I can get some insight on.

Here is a short history of what's happening:

*A few weeks ago I had a couple of instances - perhaps 2-3 - when the automatic doors stopped working. Turning the car off and on "solved" the problem.

*About once or twice a week I need to enter in my Navigation Code. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to for it. Sometimes it's in the morning after sitting, sometimes its after driving when I make a quick stop for an errand and start the car back up.

*The check engine light came on and I took it to my dealer and explained the other issues. They also noticed the windows weren't programmed correctly, but I quite sure what that meant. The code told them to do a software update which they did and cleared the check engine light. They also did a charge test but that didn't turn up anything.

*Car was good for about a week and I the Nav started acting up again. It got really bad, nearly every day, and the check engine light came on again.

Car is currently at the dealer.

So really no pattern that I can pick up and I don't have any other "driveability" issues. If I think back to when it started, it *may* have been right after I had the van at a car wash. But really hard to remember because I didn't really clue into the problems right away.

Thanks for any input. If I hear anything, I'll post for the rest of the group.

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Go to Autozone and get your battery and charging system tested for FREE. If you are on the original battery, then its definitely the battery. Even if its not the original battery but a replacement, all your system point to a weak battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts