Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup w/ the antenna? I'm here at my parent's house in LA, and on the trip down, noticed something weird.

The antenna is BLACK and looks like those 'beaded oil lights' from the 80s (that's the best way I can describe it)..you know, the one w/ the oil on the fishing line going in droplets? Its got like these 'bulges' every inch or so...

Did the dealer forget to remove some kind of covering or is this how your antenna looks? It also seems to have become bent slightly from the drive...could that be the drag on these little bumps?

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 06-26-2001).]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
IIRC, the spiral wrap on the antenna is to keep it from oscillating at high speeds. It doesn't keep it from bending WAY over in the wind, though.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think the antenna looks strange, also. I thought the dealer put some kind of aftermarket antenna on mine - the day after I picked it up, I went cruising the mall parking lot looking at Odyssey antennas. I was relieved to find mine was the correct one. (Doesn't make it pretty, though.)

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; Pioneer speakers front & rear; splash guards; cargo tray; cargo liner; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts