Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!!! I am a new member and prospective Oddy buyer. Does anybody know where to get weekly or monthly production figures? That could give as hint of the supply/demand situation for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to the forum, fercho! Weekly or monthly production figures on the Ody are probably available, but I don't know from where. Your best gauge of supply/demand on the Ody is monitoring posts on this forum about deals the new purchasers are getting. I see today that many are now getting offers of up to $500 off MSRP (sticker), so that's a very good sign that supply of this van may finally be catching up to demand.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fercho:
Hi everybody!!! I am a new member and prospective Oddy buyer. Does anybody know where to get weekly or monthly production figures? That could give as hint of the supply/demand situation for the rest of the year.</font>
On their own website under "News," Honda typically announces their previous month's production numbers around the 2nd or 3rd of the month.

<a href="http://www.hondacars.com/news/attachments.html?y=2002&r=770">Here are December's figures</a>.

It is important to consider the numbers carefully. While there was a 33% increase in Ody production compared to the same month in the previous year, the total annual production is up only 3.4%. I wouldn't take the large increase for December to predict a similar increase for future months. Just two months previous, production was off by 12.6%.

Knowing production tells part of the equation - supply. It doesn't help with the demand side, but it still is valuable to know the supply trend.

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

Also, I had heard that Honda was going to have two plants producing Odyssey's, once the Alabama plant went online in December. However, the dealer just told me that Honda is going to convert the Canada plant to 'Pilot' SUV only production next year. Of course, time will tell.

It seems amazing that Honda cannot ramp up the production at all. Is it possible that they (Honda) see this as only a blip on their radar screen that is not worth gearing up for the long run ?

Tom

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TomPauline:
Hi,

Also, I had heard that Honda was going to have two plants producing Odyssey's, once the Alabama plant went online in December. However, the dealer just told me that Honda is going to convert the Canada plant to 'Pilot' SUV only production next year. Of course, time will tell.

It seems amazing that Honda cannot ramp up the production at all. Is it possible that they (Honda) see this as only a blip on their radar screen that is not worth gearing up for the long run ?

Tom
</font>
IMHO, 130,000+ vehicles of any type is more than a blip. At US$30k/avg. each, that's about US$4 billion/year in annual sales - not bad for an auto line.

Regards,

Maugham

1 - 5 of 5 Posts