Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my dash lights come on with the headlight switch, my odometer is never lit up. Is this normal? To see the odometer at night, I have to shine a flashlight on it. This is usually an issue when I’m following a Google map printout, resetting the trip odometer, and watching the odometer for my next instruction.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
You have to pull out the cluster and see. Like the Clock Light (there is a sticky thread on changing that light bulb) there's a separate lamp to illuminate the odometer. The gages have several bulbs that are accessible from the back of the cluster, and the odometer should have one as well. Read this thread: Cabin Filter Replacement/Excerpt with bulb details for... on how to remove the dash trim in order to access the gages. I know since I had to remove the trim to access the radio.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to pull out the cluster and see. Like the Clock Light (there is a sticky thread on changing that light bulb) there's a separate lamp to illuminate the odometer. The gages have several bulbs that are accessible from the back of the cluster, and the odometer should have one as well. Read this thread: Cabin Filter Replacement/Excerpt with bulb details for... on how to remove the dash trim in order to access the gages. I know since I had to remove the trim to access the radio.
OK, so you are saying that my odometer SHOULD be backlit because your Gen 2B is? That's really my question. I have owned this Ody for 11 years and my odometer has NEVER been backlit.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I checked my '02 LX this afternoon, and on it the Odo is an LCD with the background illuminating whenever the ignition is on, REGARDLESS OF HEADLIGHT STATUS.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
OK, so you are saying that my odometer SHOULD be backlit..
Yup! I never needed alternative lighting to see my odometer in the dark. Both my '99 and '02 are nicely lit.:cool: As to how it's lit I'm in the dark, but I'd guess it's just like the clock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts