Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My 03 Odyssey has a small coolant leak. It is coming from a part that pivots when the climate control knob is moved above a certain temperature. This part sits in the coolant line behind the motor, just in front of the passenger cabin. I can see the part move when the knob is turned to a temperature over 80 degrees. Will the motor have to be removed to fix this part/leak or can it be reached from underneath the vehicle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
250 Posts
One rule to decrease the chance of coolant leak on the A/C system is to turn on the 'heating system' on the A/C at least once every 2 weeks. The coolant just sits inside the system if the heat isn't on, so it acts as a corrosive agent which overtime will corrode the parts and cause leakages. So turning on the heat on the A/C once a while will circulate the coolant inside the system hence decrease the chance of corrosion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the replies! I believe it is the heater valve. I live in Arizona so I don't have to turn the heat on very often so the corrosion probably was caused by the coolant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts