Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the solution again last night that was given to me about 2 or 3 months ago regarding car battery. I removed the negative and waited for 15 minutes. Put it back quickly without bouncing the wire. I locked it and after few hours, it alarmed again.
The other day, I was at home depot, it alarmed after 20 mins. I couldn't figure out the pattern.

For brief history, I bought the battery from CostCo. They looked at their reference book to find out the appropriate battery for me.

What should I do next?
This is killing me. Thanks.

Neil

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
Try cleaning the sliding door contacts with a pencil eraser. It could also be a faulty hood switch.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
What alarm are you talking about? sliding door? security? If security check the hood close switch as it is a common cause of the problem. Try jumpering it out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is what they found out today. The problem is hood latch. They are charging me $350 excluding labor. Can I do it myself or work around?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Depends on your ability. It is down in the hood latch assembly. If you can get to the plug you could probably just short it out.

That is if it is the switch and not a broken latch. You could also get it fixed much cheaper at a local shop. It isnt rocket science. You could also get the switch from one of the online dealers and save a couple bucks. Call the dealer parts and see what they want for it first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts