Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am really new here and I'm not very familiar with the terms used nor am I familiar with cars themselves (but I'm a fast learner). I have a basic CD/Radio on my 2000 Oddyssey. I really want to be able to play music through my stereo. The thing is I don't want to buy a new stereo because I might be getting a new car within a year or so, is there another way or should I just buy a new stereo? Someone told me about RCA Adapters, could someone explain to me what they are and if they are doable on a 2000 Odyssey?

Thanks,

Sorry again I'm new here and this is my first car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My car has 173,000 miles so not sure if it's worth it to even try putting iPhone music on it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Is it really worth worrying about when you replace the Ody when new car stereos w/mp3 jacks
are available for $41 on Amazon? Your Ody may last longer than that Chinese stereo though :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I installed a different modelof the isimple on my 2000EX a couple of years ago. It cost me about $75 online and it is designed specifically for the Ody. It works extremely well because it uses the factory CD changer connection to your radio as the audio channel. You plug your iPod/iPhone directly to the provided iPod cable and the clarity is superior. It also charges your iPod/iPad/iPhone. I did not go the new radio route because I wanted to still use the steering wheel controls. With the iSimple, I can change tracks and turn the iPod on and off through the radio or steering wheel controls. It feels like a factory iPod adapter. I do not know much about the model you included on your link but it certainly looks like a generic mp3 player adapter instead of the iPod model I got. I am extremely satisfied with the results as I did not sacrifice any functionality and the module is hidden on top of the radio (I used 3m dualock tape) and the cable routes through the back of the radio down to the middle glove compartment and that's where I plug the iPod. Do some research on it. I will see if I can find the model for mine and let you know but it's been awhile. It comes with a custom harness for the Ody.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Last week I installed iSimple ISAS71 iPod Integration Kit for Asian/Import Vehicles. Easy to install and the voice clarity is super. thanks Reyesrey.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
your looking at it wrong....you need this kit and they can be found cheaper, leave the stock stereo alone and hook this to your device, they work good....http://www.shop.ca/c/isound-smart-tune-2-in-1-fm-transmitter-with-a-car-charger-ISOUND-1639-23473784?gclid=CjwKEAjwgMieBRCB3bqB94e9lD4SJABW3sTN0HDncPskg_iYujahjpVuZSKXpqqc_BdI1Efac6NA1BoCZc7w_wcB
Hello, I am really new here and I'm not very familiar with the terms used nor am I familiar with cars themselves (but I'm a fast learner). I have a basic CD/Radio on my 2000 Oddyssey. I really want to be able to play music through my stereo. The thing is I don't want to buy a new stereo because I might be getting a new car within a year or so, is there another way or should I just buy a new stereo? Someone told me about RCA Adapters, could someone explain to me what they are and if they are doable on a 2000 Odyssey?

Thanks,

Sorry again I'm new here and this is my first car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts