Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already have 400 miles on my new one week old 2012 Odyssey EXL with NAV.
Just found the ody is too aggressive on the road and very sensitive to the bumpy road. The ride is so bumpy, car shakes too much on bad road. Now my back is so hurt. I never have this problem in my 2011 Jeep grand cherokee, GC is very smooth on those road but Ody does not.
I am in midwest, most of are bumpy road. It makes me very uncomfortable, I want return this car and buy a sienna, but looks like I have to loose $5000 in one week.
Any one knows how to improve that? Any way to adjust the suspension or the tire to make the ride much smooth?
Thank you.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Just go ahead and buy a Sienna that would be Wild Willys advise too.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
A taller wall tire *might* soften the ride, but more info would help if you ask

What tires did your car get? Michelin or Continental? Michelin are so soft, I actually feel the opposite
Did you check the tire pressure? I noticed over 36PSI it really stiffens the road feel

If you decide to trade it for something else (Sienna, T&C, etc.) drive test it extensively, you might find the same issue. These cars are breadboxes on wheels

·
Registered
216 Posts
Already have 400 miles on my new one week old 2012 Odyssey EXL with NAV.
Just found the ody is too aggressive on the road and very sensitive to the bumpy road. The ride is so bumpy, car shakes too much on bad road. Now my back is so hurt. I never have this problem in my 2011 Jeep grand cherokee, GC is very smooth on those road but Ody does not.
I am in midwest, most of are bumpy road. It makes me very uncomfortable, I want return this car and buy a sienna, but looks like I have to loose $5000 in one week.
Any one knows how to improve that? Any way to adjust the suspension or the tire to make the ride much smooth?
Thank you.
We just switched from a 11 Sienna to 12 Odyssey (The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura Enthusiasts Online Forums > Odyssey > > Re: Back in the Honda camp). Both are good, but if your criteria is a smoother ride the Odyssey with 65-series rubber is better than Sienna with 60-series tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts