Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we got 3 inches of snow today so I took the Ody out and finally got the TCS to activate! Is this something every Ody owner looks forward to or am I just weird?

More milestones to look forward to...
First time ABS activates
First Oil change
First scratch
First time my little angel pukes on seat fabric
ETC...

Oh yeah how about your 100th post on the Ody club.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes!! I cannot wait till I take my ody to the snowy mountains. Putting chains on drives me crazy. This is my first vehicle with traction control. Even with traction control on the vehicle, do the highway patrol enforce chains on icy or snowy conditions on the road?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Originally posted by Canodyssey:
Well we got 3 inches of snow today so I took the Ody out and finally got the TCS to activate! Is this something every Ody owner looks forward to or am I just weird?

Yes and yes.

Snow?! What is snow?!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rumbaoa:
Yes!! I cannot wait till I take my ody to the snowy mountains. Putting chains on drives me crazy. This is my first vehicle with traction control. Even with traction control on the vehicle, do the highway patrol enforce chains on icy or snowy conditions on the road?</font>
Yes, in 1985 it cost me $50.00 for driving my Saab without chains near Kirkwood ski area. The signs were not up, and we had driven down the mountain road. We were almost to the flatlands and the CHP had a roadblock to make sure everyone put their chains on before going UP into the mountains. BTW, the roads at that point had no snow accumulation on them. Anyway, I slowed down and they motioned me to pull over. Asked where my chains were and I told him the chains required signs were not up. He said they were and wrote me ticket.

TCS is no substitute for chains. My Acura has it and you can still slip and slide with TCS. I now live in Chicago, so the weather here can be nasty. Be careful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts