Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 Ody pulls slightly to the right when driving, stoping and accelerating. Is this a braking or allingment problem?

thanks

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Could be tires, could be alignment, could be worn suspension components, You need to do some diagnosis, Look closely at tires for abnormal wear. Are tires worn out? Swap tires left to right and see if pulling changes. Check all suspension components for wear or broken components. If all fails have alignment checked.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked, no uneven tire wear. Brake pads look good and dont seem to be draging. At least on the right side.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Always been this way or is this new ?
If always, likely alignment. Mine had to go back twice before they got it to roll straight, but that was when it was new.
As william said, rotate the tires. Could be you hit something and knocked it out of alignment.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has not always been this way. Only noticed it in the last few months.
When a car is out of allingment, what actually causes this? Is it in the steering rack or the suspension?

·
Registered
39 Posts
My 05 Ody pulls slightly to the right when driving, stoping and accelerating. Is this a braking or allingment problem?

thanks

i saw a tsb for pulling i dont recall the exact details but i know there is one i found it when i searched the tsb's......

funny i just bought a 07 touring and i changed all the pax tires and had it aligned and now it fades to the right.....its going back to align shop next week

·
Registered
296 Posts
Has not always been this way. Only noticed it in the last few months.
When a car is out of allingment, what actually causes this? Is it in the steering rack or the suspension?
Alignment would be suspension, if it's not a tire problem, air pressure, brake drag, then it's possible that hitting something knocked it off. If you've got holes like we have holes, that's easy.
Back in '05 when mine was new, and it "came that way", the dealer aligned it on their equipment and that made a slight improvment, on the second try, they said they sent it to another dealer who had "more up-to-date" equipment. That fixed my "factory" mis-allignment. point is, it's apparently more touchy then cars of old, so be aware of that when having it aligned.
Take a look at the tire, see if it's wearing differently than the other side, if so, another strong indication it's an alignment problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts