Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,
I'm leasing my Ody. Does anyone have any info on the installation of the rear shade? I'm thinking of buying one, and then selling it after I turn in the Ody. I don't know if this will make holes or damage the Ody. Thanks for any info.
Gary

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If you're talking about the Cargo Cover, the general consensus is: Save your money.

IIRC, it does require drilling a couple of holes in the van.

I have a cover my wife made from tan denim (she still won't let me post pictures). On other vehicles I've just covered the rear area with a loose denim/canvas cover that matches the upholstery.

Mel

·
Registered
596 Posts
I bought one, opened the box, closed the box and sent it back. Save your coin Gary.

Fred

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mel:
If you're talking about the Cargo Cover, the general consensus is: Save your money.

IIRC, it does require drilling a couple of holes in the van.

I have a cover my wife made from tan denim (she still won't let me post pictures). On other vehicles I've just covered the rear area with a loose denim/canvas cover that matches the upholstery.

Mel
</font>
thanks for the info - she won't let you post pics? what, does it have nudie designs on it or something?

cheers,
Gary

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info fred - I checked the installation instructions from handa.com (or whatever that accessory site is) - i saw that, among other things, you have to detach the grips that hold the shade to the back of the 3rd row seat posts every time you want to fold the seat - i think i'll pass. Not to mention, i don't want to start drilling and measuring mm from trip panels!
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FW_in_OKC:
I bought one, opened the box, closed the box and sent it back. Save your coin Gary.

Fred
</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts