Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up our 02 SS EX Ody last night and my wife made the comment about the step out height of in the back of the Ody. She's not concerned about herself, but for our kids.
Sooooo...has anyone seen running boards offered for the Ody? I wonder if the MDX r.boards would fit?

Grant

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Back when we were comparing Siennas with Odys, we spoke with a neighbor about the running boards he has on his Sienna. He recommends against them.

His reasoning for not liking running boards: <ul>[*]They can't be large enough to really get a good foothold.[*]In wet weather, they get clothes dirty because your legs brush up against them when entering the vehicle (the boards get covered with roadspray).[*]You have to exit the van backwards to use them.[/list]

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 10-26-2001).]

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Picked up our 02 SS EX Ody last night and my wife made the comment about the step out height of in the back of the Ody. She's not concerned about herself, but for our kids.</font>
My 3 year old spent 3 years with a Previa, which was much higher; he never had a problem. He just sat on his butt and scooted out of the van.

Now with the Ody, and that he's 3, it's really no problem.

Your wife sounds like mine sometimes.
A little paranoid.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Running boards?? I don't have technical data in front of me, but I believe the Ody is one of the lowest vehicles out there (in terms of side entry, not actual ground clearance). It certainly can't get much lower. Besides, running boards would ruin the Ody's clean lines.

I wouldn't risk the possibility of scraping those running boards (and damaging the van also) during driving.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not to mention air drag, wind noise, ground clearance, snow accumulation and the fact that you have to drill holes in your new Ody.
Most running boards around today are too small and too flimsy to be of much use anyway.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It would also get in the way of the Jack when you have to change a tire.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Although it would be fun trying to scrape them on the asphalt during high speed cornering....ok, maybe I miss my FZ750 a little too much...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adam1991:
My 3 year old spent 3 years with a Previa, which was much higher; he never had a problem. He just sat on his butt and scooted out of the van.

Now with the Ody, and that he's 3, it's really no problem.

Your wife sounds like mine sometimes.
A little paranoid.
</font>
Thanks for the input guys. You've given me sufficent info. to stifle my lovely wife.

Grant

1 - 8 of 8 Posts