Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
rpedersen said:
Will the OdyClub stickers ever be back in stock for members to purchase? Thanks.
Don't count on it. The admin running this place has been long gone for years. The two moderators are keeping this site running with a roll of duct tape and a package of rubber bands, but that is about it around here.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! I did not know this. Well SPECIAL THANKS to the two moderators who are keeping this ship afloat. I tell everyone about this forum and how excellent the members are to one another.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
rpedersen said:
Wow! I did not know this. Well SPECIAL THANKS to the two moderators who are keeping this ship afloat. I tell everyone about this forum and how excellent the members are to one another.
Unfortunately, the gallery, tech, info, links & store sections haven't been updated for years because the two moderators (dvpatel & chiody) don't have access. If you look at the gallery & tech sections, nothing new there since 2001. Admin last logged onto this place on 8/20/2006. :(

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yep, I remember this forum in its heyday back in 2001. It's kinda sad to see it now. I guess it's natural to see drivers evolve from a family mover to sedans/CUVs. I took the reverse trend and went from a 2002 Odyssey to 2008 CRV back to 2010 Odyssey. It's just my wife and I now but we we really missed the power and versatility of the Odyssey. Also noticed that with a skeleton crew, the spammers have been let loose in the chicken coup.

·
Registered
511 Posts
psu ody fan said:
Admin last logged onto this place on 8/20/2006. :(
Any idea who is the Admin and why 2006 was their last time here?

I too was surprised to see why no add'l info has been added in the gallery, etc.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
mindoro said:
Any idea who is the Admin and why 2006 was their last time here?

I too was surprised to see why no add'l info has been added in the gallery, etc.

Thanks.
Jim F (I forget his last name) from Houston. If you search the feedback forum, you will find his full name, address, email, and even some pictures of his house with an Ody in the driveway (from Google Maps). Many from here have tried to contact him, and some have even offered to buy odyclub from him......but no response.

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,475 Posts
whoa said:
Also noticed that with a skeleton crew, the spammers have been let loose in the chicken coup.
Its not at all about the skeleton crew. Rather, its about upgrading the ancient forum s/w. A few thrads on that in the feedback section.

At the other forum I am an admin at, we have the latest countermeasure where it automatically puts spam in a awaiting moderation queue and sends the admins and mods a PM. You can delete all posts and ban the spammer in one page if it still slips through. It takes a while on here if a spammer posts 20 threads in 20 different forums. :(

·
Registered
389 Posts
dvpatel said:
Its not at all about the skeleton crew. Rather, its about upgrading the ancient forum s/w. A few thrads on that in the feedback section.

At the other forum I am an admin at, we have the latest countermeasure where it automatically puts spam in a awaiting moderation queue and sends the admins and mods a PM. You can delete all posts and ban the spammer in one page if it still slips through. It takes a while on here if a spammer posts 20 threads in 20 different forums. :(
Thanks for clearing up my limited understanding of a day in the life of a mod.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey, I don't think I have the computer ability to do it, but I live in Houston and maybe able to raise this guy if someone wants to run it. perhaps just changing the login routine so the spammers can't get in so easily would be a good step.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Dirkdaddy said:
Hey, I don't think I have the computer ability to do it, but I live in Houston and maybe able to raise this guy if someone wants to run it. perhaps just changing the login routine so the spammers can't get in so easily would be a good step.
There have been plenty of offers to take over the site, but Jim won't hand over the keys....but you are welcome to reach out to him, once again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts