Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell me how you got Britax to send you longer hugs straps and why? We have the Expressway carseat, too. LOve, the LATCH part, but when my DS has his winter coat on, I feel like the chest clip is too high. Did they charge you for the longer strap?

Carrie

·
Registered
35 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuvMyRRPOdy:
Can you tell me how you got Britax to send you longer hugs straps and why? We have the Expressway carseat, too. LOve, the LATCH part, but when my DS has his winter coat on, I feel like the chest clip is too high. Did they charge you for the longer strap?

Carrie
</font>
Hi Carrie~

My DD (5 yrs old, just under 40# at the time) was using the Expressway while we waited for the Super Elite for her. She never really had too much trouble w/the HUGS, except occasionally they'd ride up high, and we'd have to loosen the harness, and re-do it, etc. DS is VERY difficult in the car, (he's 2,btw LOL), and was NOT doing well w/the HUGS riding up high. He refuses to wear a coat, so, he wasn't even in bulky clothes. So, I called Britax CS (1-888-4-BRITAX), and explained the situation.
Apparently, many people were having trouble w/it,and they came up w/and adjustable HUGS harness. It has 3 or 4 slots, you can adjust from the back of the seat, to fit your child better. They did not charge me for the new HUGS.
So far, it's been working for us.

Good luck!

Hope that helps!

~Angela

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Angela. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Adjustable hugs straps would be MUCH better. I just might have to call myself.

Carrie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts