Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nope this past week had the van loaded with eight people in it and no rubbing issues so I'm a happy camper thus far. I think the right wheel offset,width and tire combo all factor in and the ride is great not harsh at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rodneyk said:
Wife's '07 EX on 19x8.5 VMR 701 with 245/45/19 Pzero Nero A/S, dropped on H&R springs.

No rubbing whatsoever
Looks really nice, where did you buy the wheels did they need hub centering rings?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks! I got them directly from VMR and dealt with Charles - good guy to deal with.

You'll need hub rings for sure, center bore on these wheels are 72.6

·
Registered
127 Posts

19" and lowered :DD

wheels are for sale too !! 3 weeks old VERY MINT condition, i'm getting new sponsored wheels soon.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Man would I like to get 19"s form my ride but the roads around SF are so jacked up I'm afraid to run them. How much are you selling your wheels for anyways?
Sf ain't that bad. You should be ok with 245/40/19 tires. I'm looking for 999 pick up or plus shipping, ;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
I think 19s are less harsh than 20s but tires are a bit expensive with 19s due to limited users while 20s have more tire choices. But from what I've noticed with BlackOdy he had 20s back then and ride was very stiff so he went back to 17s with chrome like Pilot accessory wheels.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think 19s are less harsh than 20s but tires are a bit expensive with 19s due to limited users while 20s have more tire choices. But from what I've noticed with BlackOdy he had 20s back then and ride was very stiff so he went back to 17s with chrome like Pilot accessory wheels.
Yikes - Can understand the harshness of the 20s. Currently running 17s but as usual, want to upgrade to either 18s or 19s. And that's what I'm wondering about is the ride comfort. Will a 235/55/18 ride quality be similar to a 245/50/19 setup?

·
Registered
631 Posts
@mindoro, it boils down where you choose comfort(17s) or looks(19s). 18s for me is not really that noticeable upgrade. Its either go big or nothing at all. I have seen locally a 2008 touring with 19zdx rims and the looks in person is really good. I dunno if riding on it for a 10hr drive to Disneyworld would be that comfortable. My 17s 3rd gen Pilot wheels are very comfortable with 235/60/17. I remember back in my younger days how bone jarring the 40series on my civic were. But at that time the thinner the better plus having it slammed is a picture perfect for "Hellaflush" society but now gettin' older my brain can't take that much jarring anymore. I like the look of 19s but my body wants the comfort of 17s. Maybe i'll put the 19s when I park and back to 17s when i roll on long trips. The moral on these is comfort and looks dont go together. Maybe someday when i can buy the AirRunner bolt-on suspension kit @$4,100 then i'll get back at 'ya for a feeback. More meat on the sidewall the better comfort to absorb the road imperfection.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts