Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi --
Just brought my car in to a dealer for timing belt replacement (on advice of many people, hope it's a good idea). Of course, they've found other items needing fixing, and I wondered if the costs were on the mark (I am not a DIY-er when it comes to the car).
Front sway bar links and bushings for $250. They said it wasn't necessary, was a drivability issue.
Replacing front breaks pads, resurfacing rotars for $279.
Replacing the battery
(which really is dying) for $109.

Also, the passenger sliding door has been getting creaky and complaining a lot. Best treatment?

Any advice and opinions appreciated!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'd skip the sway bar links/bushings for now unless you can feel a difference in the way it steers.

I wouldn't resurface the rotors, new brake pads are pretty cheap, just put in new pads.

How old is the battery, probably a good idea.

Have the dealer clean and lube your sliding door.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'd skip the sway bar links/bushings for now unless you can feel a difference in the way it steers.

I wouldn't resurface the rotors, new brake pads are pretty cheap, just put in new pads.

How old is the battery, probably a good idea.

Have the dealer clean and lube your sliding door.
Bad idea to not resurface the rotors, it's not expensive (unless they have to replace them). They can wear uneven and the new pads will just be hitting the high spots causing pulling and reduced braking power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Replacing pads and not cutting roters is a crap shoot I would replace the roters with cheep ones or cut the ones on the van but I would allways use Honda pads

1 - 5 of 5 Posts