Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My odyssey 2001 with 213,000km has a peculiar issue.

Problem : On Nov 20th after driving for about 190km I parked the van for one hour. Tried to start and wouldnt start with the dash lights coming and staying on. The door open lights and most lights were on, on the dash. After 3 tries I tried the forth time and the vehicle started and drove well. I drove back 200km home and it was ok. Odyssey worked well till the 19th Dec when the same problem happened just once, after a 200km drive. Restarted at the forth try and didn't stall after for the 200km trip back home.

I had to change the battery a few months ago. But has been ok after that.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
There are several things that can cause that behavior. One possibility is a failing ignition switch. My 2000 Odyssey has had similar intermittent starting problems and I suspect the ignition switch.

Try a forum search for "starting problem" for some other ideas.

Good luck!

My odyssey 2001 with 213,000km has a peculiar issue.

Problem : On Nov 20th after driving for about 190km I parked the van for one hour. Tried to start and wouldnt start with the dash lights coming and staying on. The door open lights and most lights were on, on the dash. After 3 tries I tried the forth time and the vehicle started and drove well. I drove back 200km home and it was ok. Odyssey worked well till the 19th Dec when the same problem happened just once, after a 200km drive. Restarted at the forth try and didn't stall after for the 200km trip back home.

I had to change the battery a few months ago. But has been ok after that.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Need more information. Does the starter crank the motor? If not, do you hear any relay clicks when the ignition is set to "start"?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts