Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver side sliding door will not open, either manually or electronically. The dash has the error "Slide Door - Check Left Sliding Door"

I pulled fuse 7 but that did not help. Removed battery connections and waited for 30 mins but no luck. I have spent more than 2 hours reading this forum as well as other forums but cannot find a way to open this door. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to look for any loose or frayed cable but cannot find one. However, it is difficult to see cables as I am unable to open the door. I am planning on removing the door panel and see if I can locate any snapped/loose cables. The main question is how to open the door?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Brute force on the outside handle? Make sure turn off power switch.

My 2012 cable snapped at open position. I need to really yank on it to close the door.

Btw, I can see the snapped cable outside the van.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brute force on the outside handle? Make sure turn off power switch.

My 2012 cable snapped at open position. I need to really yank on it to close the door.

Btw, I can see the snapped cable outside the van.
I do not see any snapped cable from the outside - all cables look OK with proper tension. Doors do not open even with the door power switch at off position. Both inside and outside handles do not seem to be engaged and nothing happens when outside handle is pulled or inside handle is pushed to open the door.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The door has a latch at the back and one at the front. Do both seem to be latched?
Doors are completely closed - do not see any gap so I am assuming that both sides are latched. When pushed from inside, the doors do not move at all.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If the dash is showing an error, you may be able to read an error code by putting a jumper in your OBD port.

Post #121 on this thread shows you how:

Be careful, don't jump the wrong pins!

I have not had this issue, but I would probably be thinking of trying to remove the door trim to get a look at what's going on inside the door.

Brute force on the outer handle sounds like a bad idea. Having a helper pull the outer handle while you push hard on the door from the inside sounds a little better.

If everything is working right, pulling the handle when the door is in manual mode should pull on cables inside the door to open the latches. So I would be thinking of getting the door trim off and looking at those cables to see what they are doing. But first read the code.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the dash is showing an error, you may be able to read an error code by putting a jumper in your OBD port.

Post #121 on this thread shows you how:

Be careful, don't jump the wrong pins!

I have not had this issue, but I would probably be thinking of trying to remove the door trim to get a look at what's going on inside the door.

Brute force on the outer handle sounds like a bad idea. Having a helper pull the outer handle while you push hard on the door from the inside sounds a little better.

If everything is working right, pulling the handle when the door is in manual mode should pull on cables inside the door to open the latches. So I would be thinking of getting the door trim off and looking at those cables to see what they are doing. But first read the code.
Thank you for the suggestion about how to open the door. Pulling the codes will be this weekend's project and will report back as soon as I have that information.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for your suggestions and comments.

Update: I was able to open both doors by disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes which I assume cleared all codes.

The main issue with the doors was the middle roller assemblies. I have replaced these roller assemblies in both sliding doors and now both doors work without any problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts