Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My new Odyssey door got scratch by someone in the parking lot and i got a quote from local body shop which would cost me $800-$1000 :(

So, i googled and found the "sliding door" part which cost less than $600. Not sure if this is the whole sliding door, any idea? Another silly question, has anyone replaced a sliding door before?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Sorry you got a scratch. The link you posted has panels and skins. Skins have to be welded on after cutting the old one off and then have to be painted by a body shop. So, unless you find a whole door matching your color at a salvage yard, you will have to go to the bodyshop and pay the $800 - $1000. :(

·
Registered
359 Posts
get some more quotes from other body shops. The price seems high, but maybe prices are higher in CA?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry you got a scratch. The link you posted has panels and skins. Skins have to be welded on after cutting the old one off and then have to be painted by a body shop. So, unless you find a whole door matching your color at a salvage yard, you will have to go to the bodyshop and pay the $800 - $1000. :(
Ouch, :-( I guess i have no choice but to go to a body shop. Originally I tho I cold just buy a door with a matching color and replace it :p hahaha silly me~

Everything's more expensive in Cali :( I'll run by a few more body shops and see. The first body shop told me they might not be able to match the body color; if they can it would cost ~$800 if not, they will have to blend in other panels and would cost me ~$1K. :(

super upset seeing scratches on my ody :'(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts