Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trunk is soaking wet. Reason Unknown. noticed first on first week of getting van. Thought it is due to detailing done by dealer(all floor mats wet)
Dealer blamed in parking lot bump ( @ 2mph reverse) causing mis-alignment of trunk hatch causing water to leak in. Though the weather mat is dry in top. and trunk never had issues opening and closing. nor ever noticed wind noise from there.

Driver side door needs a bit more slam to close properly. Passenger side door closes perfectly if left on its own.
Dealer input. cannot replicate issue.

Any idea?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Driver door normal if that’s the last door being closed due to air pressure inside cabin. (It’s very tightly sealed) other reasons maybe weather seal: Inspect the weather seals around the door carefully, mine wasn’t plugged into the holes at one spot causing it to fake more space and forcing me to close door a bit hard. (Weather seal has little plugs that go into the holes in the body to keep it in place after every few inches)

Don’t know full story about water so can’t comment, if it cannot be reproduced then maybe window was left open during wash as part of detailing.

Go to different dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip on door.
Trunk was wet in past. Noticed one week after getting the car.
Noticed it again last weekend while cleaning trunk. all the water was under the weather mat. Nothing on top. I suspect its not dripping from top or leaking from some weather seal on trunk but getting in from bottom. May be some plug is missing.
Dealer is not interested to have a look and blaming the bump to unalign the trunk causing water going in.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Was it raining both times?

Maybe a drain hose got loose somewhere or plug missing, lift and look from under, check to make sure you have lining thing in both rear wheel wells. Go to a different dealer if you don’t think it’s due to damage.

·
Registered
2018 EX
1,578 Posts
Go to a different dealer, and then lodge a complaint with Honda head office about your existing dealer. You're not asking for a paint job because someone dinged your door at the store! This is an obvious issue with water penetration. If your dealer says it was caused by a bump, then ask him to provide a list of roads that have no bumps, so your trunk won't get wet.

Sorry to say, but the build quality (and I suspect this is the cause) is not as good in the US as it was in Japan. Honda US needs to kick some ass in Alabama. I've had my Honda back 5 times for build quality issues. My dealer provided me with a car for the day, bought me a coffee, and best of all - fixed all the issues with a smile. If he can do it, so should your dealer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've seen reports here of plugged drain holes which caused water to get inside. A coworker had this problem on a brand new Pilot but water was under the front passenger's floor mats.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Go to a different dealer, and then lodge a complaint with Honda head office about your existing dealer. You're not asking for a paint job because someone dinged your door at the store! This is an obvious issue with water penetration. If your dealer says it was caused by a bump, then ask him to provide a list of roads that have no bumps, so your trunk won't get wet.

Sorry to say, but the build quality (and I suspect this is the cause) is not as good in the US as it was in Japan. Honda US needs to kick some ass in Alabama. I've had my Honda back 5 times for build quality issues. My dealer provided me with a car for the day, bought me a coffee, and best of all - fixed all the issues with a smile. If he can do it, so should your dealer.
I agree regarding build quality, my old Acura assembled in Japan was top notch assembly. Way too many issues with this vehicle assembly in Alabama.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Trunk is leaking water too. Dealer has had it for 2 days. They say a part of the body needed to be re-sealed. Should have it back today. Ours was collecting water in the little latch area of the opening after heavy rain. 2018 Odyssey EX-L with 16,000 miles.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
878 Posts
Unfortunately just realized ours is wet here as well under the cargo liner. Noticed a bad smell and windows fogging up when remote started. 2020 EX-L. Will take it in on Monday. Hoping it's an easy fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts