Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding the automatic a/c temp adjuster. I have a 02 EX-L w/ Navi model and yesterday when I drove me car back home, I forgot to turn the automatic climate control back to 60 before I turn that off (I had that set to 75). So this morning, when I drive to work, I had to climate control off and just let the fresh air coming into the cabin. But after the car's been warmed up, the air blowing out from the vents are warm, like warm. Thaz a surprise because I thought if the climate control is off, the heating ducts should be off also. But the air blowing out is warm, so I turn on the climate control, turn that down to 60 and turning it off again. Now the air coming out from the vents is cold. Wonder y even if the climate control is off, it'll still 'be on' and set to my previous temp?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Along with the numerous posting on automatic sliding doors, another example why I bought the LX - fewer things to worry about - and easier on the check book too!

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Z32:
I have a question regarding the automatic a/c temp adjuster. I have a 02 EX-L w/ Navi model and yesterday when I drove me car back home, I forgot to turn the automatic climate control back to 60 before I turn that off (I had that set to 75). So this morning, when I drive to work, I had to climate control off and just let the fresh air coming into the cabin. But after the car's been warmed up, the air blowing out from the vents are warm, like warm. Thaz a surprise because I thought if the climate control is off, the heating ducts should be off also. But the air blowing out is warm, so I turn on the climate control, turn that down to 60 and turning it off again. Now the air coming out from the vents is cold. Wonder y even if the climate control is off, it'll still 'be on' and set to my previous temp?</font>
This seems more of a vent control issue. Keep in mind with a manual setup, the issue will be the same. Whatever you had the vents set to (upper, lower, both, defrost, etc..) will be what the system has when off. I don't know of a car HVAC system that automatically blocks all incoming vents when shut down. Notice if you have the temp setting up in a manual HVAC car the inside still gets warm?

If you want your vents closed, run your system in Auto (not FULL Auto) mode, and select your proper vents. Then be mindfull of what temp you last set. In normal Auto mode, the vents stay set. In FULL Auto, it sets the vents for you..

At least that's what I understand...

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts