Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago there was a thread about center consoles for the odyssey. I remember a powered one and installation comments.

Searching for it however just brings up broken links.

Can someone replay the brand, where to get it, etc.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Isn't that the same console that's sold by Heartland (the TSI)? Some have said it's also available at K-Mart too I believe. Much less than the $75 shown on JC Whitney site too.

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,door edge protectors, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires Lots more to come!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

[This message has been edited by ody (edited 10-24-2001).]

·
Registered
255 Posts
Here's the link to the console sold by Heartland America: http://www.heartlandamerica.com/HTMLA/ProductTemplates/product.asp?SKU=5872

I bought one of these in gray; matches the fern interior pretty well. These consoles don't fit exactly level, but it does give you a place to store stuff. They have a 12v plug that comes out the front right at the bottom; perfect fit to the low plug in the Ody. They also have two plugs in the rear and a small light inside the console.

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody:
Isn't that the same console that's sold by Heartland (the TSI)? Some have said it's also available at K-Mart too I believe. Much less than the $75 shown on JC Whitney site too.
</font>
Yes, I believe they're identical and what a rip on the part of Whitney. But, boy, I sure do like that Wolf console. For those who don't need 12v plug(s), it's deluxe!

·
Registered
32 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zalusky:
A while ago there was a thread about center consoles for the odyssey. I remember a powered one and installation comments.

Searching for it however just brings up broken links.

Can someone replay the brand, where to get it, etc.
</font>
I think this is the thread to which you are referring:

http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum20/HTML/000070.html

Here was my post on the topic:

I have this console. From driving my mom's 2001 Ody, I knew that the tray is useless for storage. So when I read about this particular console on this forum, I ran to K-Mart to buy one even before our Ody came in. (I know others ordered theirs from www.heartlandamerica.com) I think I paid about $49. They had beige and grey, and the grey matches nicely with my quartz interior. It fits snugly between the folded-down tray and the driver seat. The interior is enormous and has a light. I keep the wireless headsets in there, plus tissues, my walkman, disposable camera, juice boxes and more. There are 2 external power outlets and another on the inside which is great for charging my cell phone. The front and back drawers are handy for holding litter and remove easily for emptying.

------------------
Erika
'02 SS Ody EXL-RES
'95 Honda Accord LX

[This message has been edited by mstaebo (edited 10-24-2001).]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Be aware though that the console from Heartland America and probably the other one's that look identical has a VERY cheap plastic lid! My 14 month old daughter opened the lid and pushed it in the opposite direction and the lid snapped right off as the piece that connects the lid to the main console is rigid hard plastic as well.
I can't figure out any way to fix it and have tried. The interior light now stays on all the time if it's plugged in unless I have something heavy holding the lid down.
It was a big disappointment after only having it for about 2 weeks before this happened.

·
Registered
478 Posts
mstaebo-How does your console fit on the floor? groupset said it doesn't sit quite level-I guess because of the slightly irregular shape of the floor? Sounds like you're happy with it though.
LovenLifeInMyOdy- I can relate (all parents can I'm sure!) I wish I had a dollar for everything my kids have broken or lost over the years (ages 6 and 8).

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,door edge protectors, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires Lots more to come!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got the same one Nemogira got. Mine is in tan for $84.99 at JC Whitney. I too am going to add a cd changer in the main compartment b/c the seat behind the drivers has a VCR and the drivers seat the subwoofer.

I want to keep the storage bin intact under the passenger's seat since the RES center bin is tiny.

1ODY2NV

02 MB EXL-RES delivered 10/19/01

·
Registered
23 Posts
mstaebo, does the console you bought come with instructions for securing it to the floor? I'm concerned about it going airborne in an accident.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anybody have any pictures of the TSI console installed in the van? I would like to see how it looks. Oh, and does the gray match both the quartz and the fern interior. We're getting the GG with the fern so I was wondering if it matched both and how far off the colors were?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody:
mstaebo-How does your console fit on the floor? groupset said it doesn't sit quite level-I guess because of the slightly irregular shape of the floor? Sounds like you're happy with it though.
</font>
I made sort of a "shim" to keep it level -- I cut a thick piece of folded cardboard and wedged it underneath the console. Now it doesn't wobble at all.

Yep, I like it. It really does hold a lot of stuff! Where do people without a console keep their wireless headsets I wonder?

------------------
Erika
'02 SS Ody EXL-RES
'95 Honda Accord LX

·
Registered
32 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oc2002ody:
mstaebo, does the console you bought come with instructions for securing it to the floor? I'm concerned about it going airborne in an accident.</font>
No instructions, but it did come with I think 4 screws and there are holes in the bottom of the console. I didn't feel comfortable with making holes in the carpet, so I was planning on securing it to the tray with one of those long plastic tie-things. (I have no idea what they're called, but I've used them for securing computer cables.) Because the shape of the console flares in so deeply, I don't even think the tie will show unless you get down on the floor and look. I'm just hoping that I can attach it in a way that doesn't impede the opening of the litter drawers underneath.

I guess I should secure it ASAP for safety's sake. Along the same lines, I only just found out today that my little girl's booster seat should be buckled in when I'm driving without her because that could go flying in an accident too.

odyodyody, I'm going to go outside with my digital camera right now and try to take some pictures of the console. Then if I can figure out how to get them posted ...

------------------
Erika
'02 SS Ody EXL-RES
'95 Honda Accord LX

·
Registered
196 Posts
Anyone have pics of the wolf consoles installed in an Ody. Curious as to what the grey one looks like against the quartz leather interior.

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tomhan:
Anyone have pics of the wolf consoles installed in an Ody. Curious as to what the grey one looks like against the quartz leather interior.
</font>
Probably doesn't help much but I noticed that the Whitney site doesn't show the black color. Nemo's, I believe, is black (check the gallery) and it looks sharp, IMHO, as it matches the top part of the dash.

·
Registered
255 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mstaebo:
Where do people without a console keep their wireless headsets I wonder?</font>
In the mesh net in the rear cargo area along with all 3 headrests from the back row. (My wife is height-challenged; she sees better out the rear window with those headrests removed.
)

·
Registered
32 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odyodyody:
Does anybody have any pictures of the TSI console installed in the van? I would like to see how it looks.</font>
Sorry, can't seem to get my picture to show up in my post.

But you can view the console from various angles, including the inside, at http://photos.yahoo.com/erika100

Sorry the pictures are a little dark, I don't have a flash on my camcorder.

------------------
Erika
'02 SS Ody EXL-RES
'95 Honda Accord LX

[This message has been edited by mstaebo (edited 10-25-2001).]

·
Registered
92 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mstaebo:
Where do people without a console keep their wireless headsets I wonder?
</font>
I hook them onto an elastic side strap of my kid's booster seats w/ carabiners. They're out of the way, secured, handy when needed.

------------------

'99 CSS EX
'01 GG EX (SOLD!)
'02 GG EXL nav (southbound on the train)

·
Registered
28 Posts
mstaebo - thanks for the pics. I like the looks of the console. Is that with the quartz interior? Is it an exact match? I'm getting the fern, I wonder how it'll look.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, I've got the quartz interior. It's not an exact match, but I think it coordinates. People who have been in my van thought it came with.

I'm not sure about how it would look with Fern but there was someone else who posted in another thread with a Fern interior who had bought the same console in grey and they liked it...

------------------
Erika
'02 SS Ody EXL-RES
'95 Honda Accord LX

[This message has been edited by mstaebo (edited 10-26-2001).]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts