Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got news that the Odyssey I ordered a few weeks ago would not be delivered in November as expected. Now they're saying December. I've been going back and forth on whether to buy a used caravan instead anyway so maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Anyone know where I can get a 2002 Honda Odyssey in the midwest?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
That depends on where you live and what model you are looking for. One of our local dealers, Bozak Honda, in Highland Indiana has had 2 GG LX Odys on the lot for the past 2 weeks. If your interested in seeing if they are still available their # is 219-922-3100.

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES ready for delivery!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
if you're serious about the ody, i'd consider renting a substitute for the month or so until your van is ready - i think it's worth the outlay - just my opinion...
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mhellman:
Well, I just got news that the Odyssey I ordered a few weeks ago would not be delivered in November as expected. Now they're saying December. I've been going back and forth on whether to buy a used caravan instead anyway so maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Anyone know where I can get a 2002 Honda Odyssey in the midwest?</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
We own a 96 Grand Caravan and will be purchasing an Odyssey within the next 4 to 6 months. Maybe sooner if the Caravan breaks down again.

We have been disappointed with the quality of the Caravan. It has 73000 miles on it and the entire a/c, transmission, alternator, brakes, tires and battery have been replaced. Granted some of this was wear and tear, but not the first 3 major items.

Luckily I had purchased an extended warranty through Allstate Motor Club. It has paid for itself. It is good until 80000 miles. which is why we will be getting an Ody!

I hope you have better luck than we did if you decide on a Caravan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
I had the same experience with a 98 Windstar. I have had a ''99 Ody for 3 years with near perfect results. I have 48000 on the '99 so I decided to order a 2002 EX L that will come in next week. I can say Honda - Acura products are great. Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
If your going to buy a Chrysler, I would be very tempted to buy a new one. Television commercials last night were advertising 90 days without a payment and 0% interest. Now that is a hard deal to beat! They are shutting down the Chrysler van line here in St. Louis for a couple of weeks, too much inventory. They will deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bluesramsrock:
If your going to buy a Chrysler, I would be very tempted to buy a new one. Television commercials last night were advertising 90 days without a payment and 0% interest. Now that is a hard deal to beat! They are shutting down the Chrysler van line here in St. Louis for a couple of weeks, too much inventory. They will deal. </font>
Gotta be a catch, though. I'm speculating here but I would think if you opt for the "no payment for 90 days/0% financing" deal you're going to pay sticker (or pretty close), right? As the saying goes, "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch" (TANSTAAFL).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your replies. Looking at a 1999-2001 Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth now. I am not going to spend $1500+ to rent a vehicle for 2+ months. I was considering buying new as they are offering some pretty good interest rates....the 0% is a little misleading as that only applies to 36 month financing. It goes up to 4.9% for 60 months. Unfortunately, I refuse to pay MORE for my second choice and that's what the Grand Caravans *invoice* price is (they will sell for invoice price though, even with the special financing). They have an EX model that I personally believe was designed to compete directly with the Odyssey EX, but they don't offer the better financing on that model. Thanks again,

Matt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mhellman:
Well, I just got news that the Odyssey I ordered a few weeks ago would not be delivered in November as expected. Now they're saying December. I've been going back and forth on whether to buy a used caravan instead anyway so maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Anyone know where I can get a 2002 Honda Odyssey in the midwest?</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mhellman:
Thanks for all your replies. Looking at a 1999-2001 Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth now. I am not going to spend $1500+ to rent a vehicle for 2+ months. I was considering buying new as they are offering some pretty good interest rates....the 0% is a little misleading as that only applies to 36 month financing. It goes up to 4.9% for 60 months. Unfortunately, I refuse to pay MORE for my second choice and that's what the Grand Caravans *invoice* price is (they will sell for invoice price though, even with the special financing). They have an EX model that I personally believe was designed to compete directly with the Odyssey EX, but they don't offer the better financing on that model. Thanks again,

Matt

</font>
mhellman, where in the midwest do you live. I'm in Northern Iowa, Mason City, and I know there are Ody's in Des Moines and one in MC. As a owner of both a 96 Grand Caravan, and 02 Ody, I strongly want to talk you out of the Chrysler! Your chances of it braking down with something serious within 5 years is very high! Our GC had to have a new Tranny, new air conditioner, one sliding door wouldn't unlock, wipers would go on for no reason, and other electrical problems. It got to a point where my wife wouldn't take it anywhere for fear of being stranded. We sold it and got the Ody, and All I can say is this is pure refinement! My wife makes excuses to drive it! The first weekend we had it, she was gone shopping in it all day! It looks great! We have a 90 Accord, and love it, still going strong, and will be my son's in two years. Has 136K and still squeelz in 2nd gear, and doesnt drink a drop of oil! Starts every winter, no matter how cold. Honda builds them right! Anyway, just my humble opinion. You won't be disapointed if you wait or hunt one down. Take care fellow Midwesterner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your response.
Where? Holmes in Des Moines has a couple 2000 models but they're asking WAY to much for them. What do you have in Mason City?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rickneuropa:
mhellman, where in the midwest do you live. I'm in Northern Iowa, Mason City, and I know there are Ody's in Des Moines and one in MC. As a owner of both a 96 Grand Caravan, and 02 Ody, I strongly want to talk you out of the Chrysler! Your chances of it braking down with something serious within 5 years is very high! Our GC had to have a new Tranny, new air conditioner, one sliding door wouldn't unlock, wipers would go on for no reason, and other electrical problems. It got to a point where my wife wouldn't take it anywhere for fear of being stranded. We sold it and got the Ody, and All I can say is this is pure refinement! My wife makes excuses to drive it! The first weekend we had it, she was gone shopping in it all day! It looks great! We have a 90 Accord, and love it, still going strong, and will be my son's in two years. Has 136K and still squeelz in 2nd gear, and doesnt drink a drop of oil! Starts every winter, no matter how cold. Honda builds them right! Anyway, just my humble opinion. You won't be disapointed if you wait or hunt one down. Take care fellow Midwesterner.</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mhellman:
Thanks for your response.
Where? Holmes in Des Moines has a couple 2000 models but they're asking WAY to much for them. What do you have in Mason City?

</font>
There is a MB 2002 EX at Skarlis Honda here in MC. I don't remember if it has leather or not. Give Larry a call at (641)423-0095 if your interested. Have you checked Ames Honda? Where in Des Moines do you live? I went to college in DM, and have a best friend who is the Head Chef at the Crystal Tree, and visit him quite a bit. Good to know another Iowan on this great site!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
mhellman-NOOOOO Don't do it!

Seriously, check out Jay Honda-talk to Dennis Jenkins @ 1-888-360-6861.
I don't know where in the midwest you are; they are in Ohio. But they will ship(you may have seen my posts on this subject) and will even discount off MSRP to help with shipping costs. He found my van in 1 day when other local dealers couldn't help me at all...Good luck whatever you decide!

------------------
RRP EX Navi on the way-finally!
Forget world peace-visualize using your turn signal!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll give Larry a call. Ames has a EX-L with DVD coming in on October 15th but I was already stretching myself with the EX-L. Plus it's green which is one of my least favorite colors;-) Hello to you to BTW!...haven't eaten at the Crystal Tree myself...B-bops is more my style
I'm in Urbandale now. Used to live near the Ingersoll Dinner Theatre.

Matt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rickneuropa:
There is a MB 2002 EX at Skarlis Honda here in MC. I don't remember if it has leather or not. Give Larry a call at (641)423-0095 if your interested. Have you checked Ames Honda? Where in Des Moines do you live? I went to college in DM, and have a best friend who is the Head Chef at the Crystal Tree, and visit him quite a bit. Good to know another Iowan on this great site!</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mhellman:
I'll give Larry a call. Ames has a EX-L with DVD coming in on October 15th but I was already stretching myself with the EX-L. Plus it's green which is one of my least favorite colors;-) Hello to you to BTW!...haven't eaten at the Crystal Tree myself...B-bops is more my style
I'm in Urbandale now. Used to live near the Ingersoll Dinner Theatre.

Matt

</font>
Let me know if Larry helps you! I bought mine at MSRP. I do hope your able to find one soon!
The ironic thing about my buddy, he brought me to B-bops for the first time a couple weeks ago! The one off SE 14th in front of Best Buy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOHOO!
I found a red EX-L with entertainment system in Waterloo, Iowa. She said it has already shipped and is supposed to be in a week to 2 weeks. Does that sound right? What other "hidden" fees can I expect to pay? Like documentation fees, etc? My wife and I nearly came to blows, but I finally talked her into it and don't want any more suprises.


<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mhellman:
Well, I just got news that the Odyssey I ordered a few weeks ago would not be delivered in November as expected. Now they're saying December. I've been going back and forth on whether to buy a used caravan instead anyway so maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Anyone know where I can get a 2002 Honda Odyssey in the midwest?</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Larry was very helpful but I was holding out for a different color and I finally found one.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rickneuropa:
Let me know if Larry helps you! I bought mine at MSRP. I do hope your able to find one soon!
The ironic thing about my buddy, he brought me to B-bops for the first time a couple weeks ago! The one off SE 14th in front of Best Buy.

</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
We've behind the wheel of our RRP EX-L-RES for one week now and not disappointed. You made the right choice of holding out for the ODY. You'll love it. Your wife will love it. No worries my friend. Congratulations!

------------------
OkieOdy

02 RRP EXL-RES Ody -- "Fred"
96 Accord - "Goldie"

---------------------
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mhellman:
WOHOO!
I found a red EX-L with entertainment system in Waterloo, Iowa. She said it has already shipped and is supposed to be in a week to 2 weeks. Does that sound right? What other "hidden" fees can I expect to pay? Like documentation fees, etc? My wife and I nearly came to blows, but I finally talked her into it and don't want any more suprises.


</font>
Congrats!!! We also have the RRP EXL-Res, and it is beautiful! I know you won't be disappointed! Your kids will love the entertainment system (so will your buddies while going to a Hawkeye game). Now, all you need is some Zaino to protect her and shine her up with, and you will be set!
I assume it was your wife who wanted to save money and get the Grand Caravan.??...

10 days is what we were told the shipping time was on our van, it came in a day early, so keep on your sales person a few days before it's due in. Let us know when you get it in!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top