Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought an Odyssey Touring Elite last week, drove it off the dealer and with less than a mile, the yellow warining light came on about fuel cap is not closed properly . Two days later took it to service and it had defective charcoal canister. 3 + days in shop to get parts , and now it is fixed. Anyone else with issue?

·
Registered
65 Posts
The fuel thing is easy to do, if it's not clicked more than 3 times.

I've never heard of a canister issue.

I didn't have any large issues with my Touring Elite!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The service manager called production line (MFR) and they told him there has been reports of this issue on several '11 Odysseys. This issue is not unique to elite since the engine is shared with all models.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Or their make ready guy over filled the gas tank and some gas contaminated the filter. Always stop gassing up after the first click.

·
Registered
755 Posts
everything is good, except the vibration in the car(not the

steering wheel, so im not sure if its the balance issue), and the

navigation acting up sometimes. The navigation won't show

anything, just the blank screen sometimes. But when i restart the

vehicle, it comes back to normal O__O

·
Super Moderator
1,263 Posts
everything is good, except the vibration in the car(not the

steering wheel, so im not sure if its the balance issue), and the

navigation acting up sometimes. The navigation won't show

anything, just the blank screen sometimes. But when i restart the

vehicle, it comes back to normal O__O
Regarding your NAVI blank screen issue. This article will appear as part of the January 2011 Honda Service News. Refer to the Honda Service News thread, as it will be updated as soon as Honda publishes it.

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/SN/A11010D.PDF

Navigation Display Intermittently Goes Blank
Currently Applies To: ’11 Odyssey with navigation

Do you have a vehicle in which the navigation display intermittently goes blank, and none of the navigation
buttons work, but these symptoms go away when you shift into P or R, or cycle the ignition switch? Don’t
replace the audio-navigation unit. It’s OK. The problem is the software in the navigation display. Replace
the display (it’s been updated).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Clicking your link gives this:
"You are not authorized to view the content on this page.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact the Support Center.

Please go back or return to the home page. "

·
Super Moderator
1,263 Posts
Clicking your link gives this:
"You are not authorized to view the content on this page.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact the Support Center.

Please go back or return to the home page. "
You need to do an additional thing to view the Honda links. Search around for my post on the steps. Don't worry though, as I posted the article text, so everyone can read it regardless of access. Once the Honda Service News thread is updated, dvpatel can download the file and post it on his server and update the link.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check Fuel Cap Error Message on 2011 Elite Odyssey

I had the exact same issue but the replaced the charcoal canister and it has NOT fixed my problem. I bought the car 4 weeks ago (from herb chambers in burlington mass), and on way home, the check fuel cap light came on. My car has been in the shop for 1 week, and they expect to have it in for another week. They are now telling me that HONDA is sending out a technician to look it over. They told me this car would not pass a state inspection if this light cannot be fixed. Is this a LEMON or what???

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I bought the car 4 weeks ago (from herb chambers in burlington mass), and on way home, the check fuel cap light came on. My car has been in the shop for 1 week, and they expect to have it in for another week. They are now telling me that HONDA is sending out a technician to look it over. They told me this car would not pass a state inspection if this light cannot be fixed. Is this a LEMON or what???
Try to find another dealer around the area. I bought my last Honda (before the van) from that same dealer long time ago but they still seem to be technically clueless. At that time less than a mile from work and their area "reputation" sounded like a good deal, but their post-sales service was sloppy at best.

Once they applied a recall which caused my car to die when merging into 128 just minutes after picking it up, scary at best. They were less than amused when I called to demand to have technician to come and see what they did wrong, just to get an answer that the recall fix was not the issue, but something else and that they were closing for the weekend... really? Conclusion: sloppy recall fix application, not even with detailed instructions could do it well.

I have some other anecdotes but hey, I leave it there...

My 2 cents

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have run into the same problem with the gas cap light coming on in our new van. It was also on the way home after purchasing it. Dealer looked it over and came up with replacing the carbon canister. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow to get fixed. Hopefully that will do it.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I had the exact same issue but the replaced the charcoal canister and it has NOT fixed my problem. I bought the car 4 weeks ago (from herb chambers in burlington mass), and on way home, the check fuel cap light came on. My car has been in the shop for 1 week, and they expect to have it in for another week. They are now telling me that HONDA is sending out a technician to look it over. They told me this car would not pass a state inspection if this light cannot be fixed. Is this a LEMON or what???
Welcome to Honda service!! Where 7th grade completion is a Phd

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Lol, don't ever get a BMW either. Trust me.

I think they are all the same.....No matter which brand. People should actually shop cars based on the service dept. Our dealership would be in deep shiit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked up the van this afternoon and believe it or not the problem is not fixed. They said cleaning the carbon canister didn't correct the problem. More parts are on order. So I will have to return the van to the dealer once again. How many chances should they have to fix it before asking for a new vehicle?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I am very sorry to hear that you have those problems. To be honest, under this

economy, the chances of your dealership getting you a new vehicle are very low.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the exact same problem, when the car was driven back home (Odometer: 56 miles). It never went away, now it has 281 miles and after 3 repair trips. I filed complaint with Honda America. They don't care a bit. The rep did not return my call until I called them again after 3 days. When he called, he wouldn't
even acknowledge it is Honda's fault, let alone any help at all. I hang up with him.

The car is still in the shop, with less than 300 miles. This is definitely a lemon. I would suggest file complaint with your state general attorney's /consume protection office. I am still trying to replace with another car. One more repair it is legally a lemon!

See video here:
htp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXpPYzPn6f8

We should file class act action against Honda!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Do you guys get a loaner, if Honda service keep your Odyssey overnight?
If yes, what kind the car did you get?
Usually if your dealership cooperates with you, they would give you a free loaner. My dealership always arranges a loaner in advance for us whenever we need to leave the car in their shop overnight. And they give us a civic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts