Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
cancer6969:
What is your DVD version?
Mine is 1.1, but the Alpine site said 1.3 is currently available.
I wonder if spmething was missing at the Honda factory?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am taking delivery of my vehicle (2003 Silver EXL with NAVI) today actually.. so I cant answer your question yet..
will let you know shortly,
-R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here the answer

ok I just popped open the DVD under the passenger seat
it reads Alpine

Version: 2.05A

this on a 2003 EXL NAVI bought October 11th, 2002
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Re: here the answer

cancer6969 said:
ok I just popped open the DVD under the passenger seat
it reads Alpine

Version: 2.05A

this on a 2003 EXL NAVI bought October 11th, 2002
Thanks. This version is 2001.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
Re: here the answer

cancer6969 said:
Version: 2.05A
this on a 2003 EXL NAVI bought October 11th, 2002
Version 2.05 is a year old. Version 2.06 is the version that I believe is expected to be available for purchase from Honda in early November.

By the way, the software disks offered on the Alpine page cited above have nothing to do with the DVDs needed in an Odyssey Navi unit. The Alpine Web site talks about CD-ROM regional map software (the Ody uses a DVD not a CD) and a DVD for $300. The Honda Navi DVDs cost about $152. Note that the Alpine version numbers don't correlate to the Honda version number series.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think Honda will listen and agree to my request to send me an updated NAVI disk having bought this so recently?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
cancer6969 said:
Think Honda will listen and agree to my request to send me an updated NAVI disk having bought this so recently?
With another car manufacturer, I was automatically sent an update. I asked my dealer and Honda.com about this, and they said no.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
The company that distributes the Navi DVDs says they don't know a date when this fall's version will be released. They took my name, address and e-mail and said they will notify me when the new release is available.

Their phone number is: 888-291-4675
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correction NAVIGATION DVD Version

ok theres a slight correction.. I was fiddling around with the NAVI system yesterday... went into the system information menu and lo and behold.. guess what it read ?

Software Version: 2.061
Database Version: ADB0750
Database area: Continental US

This while the actual print on the DVD (which I read off it after ejecting it from the unit) reads 2.05A

go figure..

Here in Midland the coverage is how shall I put it? Dismal is probably giving it a praise.. no wonder these cars with NAVI are abhorred in this region.. People cant be impressed to part with $2K for something that shows the nearest gas station to be 145miles away(when the nearest is around the corner) and that there are 2 restaurants in the neighbourhood when there are over 200
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
Re: Correction NAVIGATION DVD Version

cancer6969 said:
ok theres a slight correction.. I was fiddling around with the NAVI system yesterday... went into the system information menu and lo and behold.. guess what it read ?

Software Version: 2.061
Database Version: ADB0750
Database area: Continental US

This while the actual print on the DVD (which I read off it after ejecting it from the unit) reads 2.05A

go figure..

Here in Midland the coverage is how shall I put it? Dismal is probably giving it a praise.. no wonder these cars with NAVI are abhorred in this region.. People cant be impressed to part with $2K for something that shows the nearest gas station to be 145miles away(when the nearest is around the corner) and that there are 2 restaurants in the neighbourhood when there are over 200
I'd report to NavTech so that the next edition is more accurate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
cancer6969 said:
Check out this URL, this is the new DVD that will be released in November. It might help in your area.

A quote from the web site:


Already producing the most widely-used digital map database in the world, Navigation Technologies Corporation today announced an unprecedented 3.56 million-mile upgrade of NAVTECH digital map data. This upgrade delivers full coverage of 5.3 million miles of roadway in the continental U.S. NAVTECH data is currently harnessed by all U.S. automotive navigation systems, seven of 10 European car brands and the majority of leading Internet, Wireless and PDA (personal digital assistant) digital map applications from MapQuest and Microsoft Expedia to Garmin's Street Pilot. Existing automotive partners offering in-vehicle navigation systems include Acura, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Honda, Infiniti, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Porsche, Toyota and Volvo.


Hopes this helps.


http://www.navtech.com/Press/09-17-2001-116.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
any info on price/availability of this NAVTECH DVD?
will it work without any issues with my Honda NAVI System?
Wonder what the resale value is on a 2.061 version DVD for continental USA
Hope this Navtech DVD will not fall short of my expectations.. to be able to go to any address, in the USA, on any road, any gas station and any restaurant and any other areas of interest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
any way I can have the voice on the NAV DVD changed? I am not too fond of the female voice and would prefer alternatives (Female preferably)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nicole Kidman's voice on the NAV DVD would be good.. Demi Moores is a big no no.. Michelle Pfieffer would be cool too.. remember Catwoman in Batman Movie? sexyyyyyy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
cancer6969 said:
any info on price/availability of this NAVTECH DVD?
will it work without any issues with my Honda NAVI System?
Wonder what the resale value is on a 2.061 version DVD for continental USA
Hope this Navtech DVD will not fall short of my expectations.. to be able to go to any address, in the USA, on any road, any gas station and any restaurant and any other areas of interest
I would guess that 2.06 is the version that will be offered any day now. Two years ago they released 2.04. One year ago they released 2.05. You just got an Ody and received version 2.06. I bet another release won't be available for another year.

The press release (which discusses the 5.3 million miles of coverage) mentioned in the post before yours is a year old. That level of detailed street coverage did not make it into last year's version 2.05. Everyone is hoping that it will be in version 2.06.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
cancer6969 said:
Nicole Kidman's voice on the NAV DVD would be good.. Demi Moores is a big no no.. Michelle Pfieffer would be cool too.. remember Catwoman in Batman Movie? sexyyyyyy
Fran Drescher? :jk:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Can you get more detailed "region" CDs or DVDs?

I'm disappointed with the coverage with my home area (just around the Austin, Texas metro). The subdivisions and roads that have been here 9-10 years don't show. I'm wondering if Alpine Nav discs are available and have better detail (albeit if just for one region (ie. south central, etc.)).

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
Re: Can you get more detailed "region" CDs or DVDs?

lenny_tropiano said:
I'm disappointed with the coverage with my home area (just around the Austin, Texas metro). The subdivisions and roads that have been here 9-10 years don't show. I'm wondering if Alpine Nav discs are available and have better detail (albeit if just for one region (ie. south central, etc.)).Thanks.
Last year when Alpine's press release came out it implied a significant increase in the amount of roads to be covered. Lenny, what version do you have now? If 2.05 or lower, my guess is you might have better results with the soon-to-be-released 2.06.

Currently only the single Honda DVD will operate with the Ody Nav system. Regional Alpine disks will not work.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top