Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my name on a 2002 Ody list and when the repair books for that 2002's come out I would like to purchase one. Can people recommend a good brand to get for a person who is a novice at auto repair but can follow directions if they are written well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think the factory manual is the way to go. For one thing, it will be a while until the 'aftermarket' service manuals cover the 2002s.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I haven't used my Odyssey Helm manual yet, but have used the factory service manuals for an '86 Accord and our '94 Isuzu Trooper. I don't claim to be all that mechanically knowledgeable, but, like you, can follow directions. I have used my Trooper manual to tear down the front wheels and repack the bearings. I have used it to replace the O2 sensor and the starter. In all cases, it easy enough to assess the level of difficulty by looking at each of the steps and how much special equipment is needed. I like the fact that I can save $$$ for a couple hours of my time. In the process I get to learn something that might be helpful for others in the future.

Whatever your decision, I am confident that there will be plenty of help available here.

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Rosen Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

·
Registered
596 Posts
That factory service manual is a real piece of work! It will be invaluable to one who wants to DIY down the road. Also, when not in use, at 1700 pages, it makes a great doorstop and conversation piece around the house. Seriously, it is really best to have a model specific manual, instead of one of the multi-year manuals, such as Haynes or Chiltons. Those manuals are good in some circumstances, but very confusing in others. Good luck......Jerry O.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts