Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the cable on the second row seat break? On my 2007 EXL Odyssey the cable broke and honda said i would have to buy a complete new seat or buy the
entire back frame to get the cable. This is rediculous. Cost $500+. can anyone help in this case?

·
Registered
2 Posts
royceshirley -
what did you end up doing? I've had the same thing happen to me and I haven't been able to find anyone who has directions on how to disassemble the seat.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Take the outside cover off where the side handle locate at. The only difficult thing is to take the handle clip round out. It is recess inside the rod, take your time and pry the round clip out. The clip is in a very tight location for a clip release to get to. I didn't have any clip removal, only use small pointy tools with different bend and work it out. Once the clip is out, you can pull the handle straight up, the cove came off after that. The plastic part that hold the cable is most liky the one that broke. I used gorila glue to glue it back, have some clamp holding it more than 12 hrs. It works. save me $500 for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The video was helpful for the lower cable but I could use help with the upper cable. Also any hack for replacing the broken plastic piece that connects the cable to the metal assembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts