Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2003 honda certified used odyssey purchased in 2006 with 29,000 miles on the odometer. with the vehicle, also purchased honda dealers 100,000 mile warrantee. wouldn't you know it, at 100,200 miles the transmission broke. my wife, who's an excellent screamer, convinced honda to replace the transmission at no cost to us. it was nice that honda did the right thing for us.

at the time that the dealer replaced the tranny, the service manager stated that although the tranny was labeled "remanufactured," only the housing was used and that all of the internal components were brand new and that the defective components that were originally recalled were not part of the replacement tranny. does anyone know if this is true or a load of bs???

now we have 161,000 miles on our odyessy and after 61,000 miles of driving with the replacement tranny seems ok. however, the other day while on the highway the "D" on the transimission gear indicator started to flash. after stopping and restarting the vehicle the flashing "D" stopped. Does anyone know what this might mean?

Bob G

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
The PCM senses an abnormality when the D light blinks or remains on.

You can have the DTC scanned to retrieve it. A blinking D light with no CEL on at the same time indicates a problem with a temperature sensor or the 3rd and 4th pressure switches. These are not mechanical problems but electrical.

·
Registered
2011 Odyssey LX, 120k miles
1,830 Posts
... the service manager stated that although the tranny was labeled "remanufactured," only the housing was used and that all of the internal components were brand new and that the defective components that were originally recalled were not part of the replacement tranny. does anyone know if this is true or a load of bs??? ...
I checked very carefully when the dealer replaced my AT for the 3rd time, and got the same story you got. In that case, it was a load of BS. See
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/24-1999-2004-odyssey/82834-how-new-remanufactured-t-honda.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts