Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've just purchased my first Odyssey, a 2006 EX-L with RES. I got it on Ebay and was thoroughly satisified, but surprised to find it didn't have the 110V plug in the rear. There is a blanking plate where it would normally be. Is there an OEM kit available to install? Sometimes an OEM will use a common wiring harness and only hook up the options that were selected, but the wire is still there...

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hello,

I've just purchased my first Odyssey, a 2006 EX-L with RES. I got it on Ebay and was thoroughly satisified, but surprised to find it didn't have the 110V plug in the rear. There is a blanking plate where it would normally be. Is there an OEM kit available to install? Sometimes an OEM will use a common wiring harness and only hook up the options that were selected, but the wire is still there...

Thanks
You should have a 12V "cigarette lighter" outlet waaaay in the back by the tailgate, left side. If you do, just go down to Crappy Tire and get one of these:

Power Inverters: Motomaster Eliminator Invertor, Electirc Power Bars & more | Canadian Tire | Canadian Tire

And Bob's your uncle .....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Honda dude, could you write up a How to when you complete this? Curious to see what it takes?

DJThom, I see another Saabie has found their way to the Odyssey :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just bought a Cobra CPI 880 (800 Watts) inverter. It only comes with cables and does not have a cigarette lighter adapter. I imagine the reason is because if you plug in a device that will pull 800 watts it would blow the fuses.

So my question is if I get a cigarette lighter adapter, what is the greatest wattage I can use without blowing the fuses?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You should have a 12V "cigarette lighter" outlet waaaay in the back by the tailgate, left side. If you do, just go down to Crappy Tire and get one of these
That's what I did. Got the 400W one and saved me the hassle of trying to rewire one. 400W inverter comes with a USB charge port also.

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
That's what I did. Got the 400W one and saved me the hassle of trying to rewire one. 400W inverter comes with a USB charge port also.
Did you get in on the 400W deal at Advance Auto which was like $5 + tax after coupons and what not? I got in on two of those + a cup holder one all for about $8 + tax totalling to like $11 but haven't opened up the packages yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you get in on the 400W deal at Advance Auto which was like $5 + tax after coupons and what not? I got in on two of those + a cup holder one all for about $8 + tax totalling to like $11 but haven't opened up the packages yet.
Wow, that is a really good price!! Cannot buy two coffees and donuts in NJ for that price.

Well I'm in it for the product I bought. Now I just need to figure out how to best install it.

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts