Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all newbie here. I just want to share before and after pic of standard system to oem navigation. All parts cost $106.38 including wire harness. I also have oem backup cam that I'm going to install this weekend. All parts came from the same vehicle at my local salvage yard. If anyone needs help I can offer assistance with the install. It took a total of 4hrs from start to finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wow...the whole dash off niceee jejej...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hello all newbie here. I just want to share before and after pic of standard system to oem navigation. All parts cost $106.38 including wire harness. I also have oem backup cam that I'm going to install this weekend. All parts came from the same vehicle at my local salvage yard. If anyone needs help I can offer assistance with the install. It took a total of 4hrs from start to finish.
Very nice job! How did you know whether they (donor parts) would fit in and which additional wiring harness you might need. where did you do your research? It seems that you know the system well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the delay. Well, there is an easy way to do it... that is buy an aftermarket head unit with the plug and play adapters. I wanted the stock equipment so I went this route. I purchased the van in the first week of November, I never drove or owned one prior to this. I went to the salvage yard looking for something for a totally different car and seen the van with the nav unit. I pulled out the whole unit with the front wire harness only. I've never done it before so I just went for it. Now, I'm working on the rear backup cam. I pulled the can wire from the nav unit from under the drivers seat and carefully cut the cam wires out of the main loom. I'll post as soon I get it up and working.

·
Registered
123 Posts
A better question is "why", lol!

I'm impressed to see it done, but for much less work, I'd be putting in a quality aftermarket unit with Bluetooth and Android Auto instead of 15-year-old touchscreen technology...!

·
Registered
591 Posts
A better question is "why", lol!

I'm impressed to see it done, but for much less work, I'd be putting in a quality aftermarket unit with Bluetooth and Android Auto instead of 15-year-old touchscreen technology...!
Stock equipment have better integration with the vehicle than aftermarket parts. It's true that your Android will have newer and better technology, but it will never be as seamless as the oem one. The best navi system is Waze on your smart phones because it has live data of speed traps and traffic. It will warn you where the cops are and shows you where the traffic is slowing down or backing up ahead of your travel. It will automatically suggest an alternate route to go around a shutdown hwy or a congested traffic. Its maps are always updated and cost $0. Can your Android do that?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Can your Android do that?
Is that a typo seeing Waze is on Android and Iphone? I use Waze but do like the Ody big screen and in some areas it shows things like offramps better than Waze. Also really good to just see where all the roads around you go to without putting in a destination. it does help when you have a new MAP disk, you can get them for $99 if you watch for a sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Man come do mine for me, lol . Only reason i won’t do a aftermarket unit is i will lose the rear entertainment

1 - 11 of 11 Posts