Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally replaced the blade insert for the rear wiper on my 2008 LX @ 46500mi today. It's been badly torn for months and I was at the dealer for a state inspection and an oil filter anyway.

Honda p/n for the rubber is 76622-S3Y-A01. Cost at my dealer is $6.55. (oil filter was a little over $8.. YIKES! First time I bought a genuine Honda oil filter)

Super easy to replace the blade insert. Gently push-in on the blade at the outside end, so the very end deflects out past the end stop, then pull it out. Be sure to pull out and save the two stainless-steel strips/stiffeners that run down the full length of the old blade. The new insert doesn't come with them, so you have to pop them into the slots on the new blade.

Slide the new one in, the way the old one slid-out and you're done in seconds.

Joel

·
Registered
9,315 Posts
Inserts are available for the front too. They install in the same way as described for the rear. They last a long time too. Overall, a good deal!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Funny you mention the stainless steel stregtheners. My rear wiper doesn't have them at all. Just the front wipers do. I have an 09 EX-L.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The Honda refill wipers do not come with the stainless steel stregtheners you need to remove them from the old wiper blade, assuming they are on the old blade(s). I would imagine they aid in wiper performance significantly by giving the blade some structural integrity.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny you mention the stainless steel stregtheners. My rear wiper doesn't have them at all. Just the front wipers do. I have an 09 EX-L.
Man I'm surprised the insert even stays in place w/out the SS strips.

Not much of an issue for you, but in my climate, one swipe against ice/snow and the rubber would be long gone.

'course my wife would never notice and continue using the rear wiper until it dug through the glass... As she's using all the mirrors to apply make-up, talking on the phone and slapping kids..

Joel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts