Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just ordered a 2011 EX-L w/ Nav

We previously had a 2007 Accord and installed an aftermarket remote starter (cannot remember the brand).
It was really buggy and very annoying when you started the car then hit the key fob and alarm kicked in.

Given my past experience I want to stick with the OEM starter.

I see you can get the Starter and Engine Attachment online for $250 and $100 respectively.
I'm pretty handy, but looking at the install guide I would prefer to leave this to the pros

What is a good price to pay from the dealer for install and/or complete package?
I'm in North Eastern MA near several large dealers

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
316 Posts
What is a good price to pay from the dealer for install and/or complete package?
I looked at the instructions to see what the install time is estimated at. Strangely this one doesn't have it. I thought all Honda accessories instructions came with an estimated time? I could just be thinking of TSBs.

I did note a rather large warning:
Customer Information: The information in this
installation instruction is intended for use only by skilled
technicians who have the proper tools, equipment, and
training to correctly and safely add equipment to your
vehicle. These procedures should not be attempted by
“do-it-yourselfers.”
The instructions are rather straight forward. Seems simple enough to install, if you're comfortable removing the interior trip pieces. An awful lot of trim has to be removed/reinstalled. Pretty much every connection is just plug/play. So, an adept "do-it-yourselfer" *could* do it. However, an HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) is needed to program it into the vehicle. Needs to go online to retrieve the PCM (immobilizer - security) code from iN (Honda Interactive Network).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts