Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking to install H&R springs someday, but while researching our suspension (I have an '09 EX-L), I realized there's a lot of variations~

Does anyone have a clue what the colors mean on the stock oem springs of the '05-10 Ody's?

They're listed as White / Orange / Light Blue / Pink.
Some are designated for LX while others for EX-L, and some for Touring. Honda also lists corresponding colored front shocks for them too.

Would it be possible they have different spring rates and rebound?

I know the '05-07 shocks and springs are different from '08-10... but they are interchangable as an assembly.

Even the rears on '05-07, have different shocks than '08-10.
They all seem interchangable... so I'd like to find out what makes them different...

Anyone know something here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
606 Posts
searched and did not find anything, but that doesn't mean...

for my Sky there are pages where its all laid out, but that's a sports car and more are interested.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok... so i found a few prices (Just LIST prices for comparison sake)
You can get them for much cheaper than this.

-'09 EXL front shock assy (Right/Left) : 292.43 / 292.47

-'07 EXL front shock assy (green) : 330.18 / 328.92
-'07 Touring " " " (Lt. blue) : 299.96 / 328.92

I wonder which would have a stiffer shock... EXL.. or Touring?
2007 EXL is also the most expensive.

Touring is heavier... would it be valved a bit more heavy duty?
or would it be softer for a smoother ride?

So many questions!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Those are good questions. Only a dealer or Honda would know the differences. May be try calling the Honda customer service number.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Traditionally in most cars, Touring models are upgraded suspension. Since the PAX tires are heavy if I remember correctly, perhaps the touring shocks are valved to handle a heavy unsprung weight (wheel tire). Maybe more gas charge?

Pure speculation. Valving is typically not going to increase price unless its a perceived value. If I were you I'd look at KYB, those are going to be stiffer if that's what you're looking for. And cheaper!

S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts