Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Odyssey Elite and I am going to install the OEM trailer hitch and wiring harness. Does anyone know if it is necessary to buy and install the kick sensor adapter? I think I read somewhere that the kick sensor still works (without the adapter) but you have to kick a bit to the side of the trailer hitch. But then if that was the case, why do they sell it? Any experience much appreciated as I am hoping to avoid the additional expense of the adapter unless absolutely necessary. Thanks!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a 2020 Odyssey Elite and I am going to install the OEM trailer hitch and wiring harness. Does anyone know if it is necessary to buy and install the kick sensor adapter? I think I read somewhere that the kick sensor still works (without the adapter) but you have to kick a bit to the side of the trailer hitch. But then if that was the case, why do they sell it? Any experience much appreciated as I am hoping to avoid the additional expense of the adapter unless absolutely necessary. Thanks!
The kick sensor comes with Honda trailer hitch and wiring harness, the only thing it doesn't come with it is the ball receiver to slide into your hitch. 1 recommendation, buy a 3 ball receiver, so you will not have to worry about the size you need or you can but a single one that just the ball alone switches to all 3 or 4 sizes, I have this one. Find an attached pdf showing the materials in the hitch kit and how it's installed, this is for a 2018 ODY but should be the same for your 2020.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts