Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I need to replace my cracked sliding door handle on a 2000 Ody LX (seems to be a very common problem based on the number of people that have reported that issue). I found most Honda parts dealers on this forum are selling that handle for $101 but I also found a place called 1AA Parts selling the same handle for $26. Is it worth paying the extra money for the OEM handle? Is this a case of "you get what you pay for" and I will regret buying the cheaper door handle? I really appreciate all those that posted step by step DIY instructions to replace that handle (Honda wanted around $400). It is a fair amount of work so I am a little nervous about installing a generic door handle so looking to see if anyone else has used generic cheaper door handle parts vs OEM.

Thank you
Steve

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
You do get what you pay for. For me, it depends on how hard it is to change the handle. If it's labor intensive then it's not worth sacrificing quality. If it's a quick fix and you have to replace it again in a year then no big deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John - most people said they have replaced this door handle between 1.5 - 2 hours (assuming everything goes as planned and you don't screw something up along the way). So yes...this is a one time fix and not something I want to have to do again - will go with the OEM part then to save potential future headaches...thank you for your input!

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts